• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

Re: Grateful Dead vinyl bootlegs and oddities

#23549 3 years, 5 months ago
Nice list, man. I had the Stella Blue double album, but sold it on ebay a few years ago when I needed some quick cash. I put $100 reserve on it and ended up getting $135. I'd love to get another copy, as I was at that show (Spectrum 4/8/85). That's one of the bootlegs that's more for collecting than listening. Sounds like it was taped from the restroom or something....
If it rolls, sink it.
marcap
Junior Boarder

#24054 3 years, 5 months ago
Thank you.
It's a pity that in the last 3/4 years I had not the possibility to increase the collection. Here is France, at the records conventions, the prices are incredible high.

Anyway, I completed my list with all the LPs cover images.
here it is.
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by marcap.
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#24056 3 years, 5 months ago
Is that the actual cover for the Live in Gizah album? I have a poster and postcard of that image. Think I got it from Relix years ago.
If it rolls, sink it.
marcap
Junior Boarder

#24057 3 years, 5 months ago
The one I got yes. I bought it in Florence, Italy.
Rumors where saying that the album was printed in Florence where at the time a lot of bootlegs were done.
I met then some guys that were doing bootlegs but they never confirmed about the Gjzah one.
But it is quite sure they supplied the tape source.
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#24058 3 years, 5 months ago
Have you seen the Gizah bootleg that has the old Egypt poster as the cover? It's almost the same as the cover for the "Rocking the Cradle" CD set. I wonder if it's the same recording.
If it rolls, sink it.
marcap
Junior Boarder

#24066 3 years, 5 months ago
No, or maybe I don't remember.
About the same show, and if I well remind the same source as the box set, I got the 3 CDs version.
this one here
marcap
Junior Boarder

#24290 3 years, 5 months ago
I have this LP, Brokedown Palace (04/08/1985 - Philadelphia, PA. (part two)) that has the same cover as Rocking The Cradle.

Brokedown Palace

Rocking The Cradle
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#24496 3 years, 5 months ago
Marcap, nice colllection. Must've taken some time to build. Nice to see someone who buys them to enjoy not to resell. Which ones do you think are must haves. I'm always lookin............
marcap
Junior Boarder

#24852 3 years, 5 months ago
Thanks.
Very hard to say which are the "must have". I remember that I was particularly happy when I bought "Make Believe Ballroom", maybe because was the first one I was buying. Listened at it millions of times!
I will say: Farewell to Winterland, Silent Dead, For Dead Heads Only, Live in Gjzah (more for the fact that its hard to find, recording is very poor), Out West, Dead Ahead.
And I will include this Jerry Garcia one!, very good.

On Ebay there are a lot of LPs on sell but some are incredible expensive.
I prefer anyway to go around for little shops where you can always find some interesting things.
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#24865 3 years, 5 months ago
marcap wrote:
I have this LP, Brokedown Palace (04/08/1985 - Philadelphia, PA. (part two)) that has the same cover as Rocking The Cradle.

Brokedown Palace

Rocking The Cradle

Brokedown Palace is 4/8/85, set 2? Is Stella Blue the same set?
If it rolls, sink it.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds