• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

Grateful Dead vinyl bootlegs and oddities

#10996 3 years, 3 months ago
I'm a vinyl maniac who buys the stuff for my enjoyment, not like these 'collector' pricks who hoard stuff and then try to sell for a profit. Just curious to know of any boots or oddiities anyone else out there might have and thier opinions of them. In addition to all the studio albums, and regular llive releases on vinyl, I've got the Warner Bros box set (sweet) and the following boots etc
1. 23 editions of the GD hour, original broadcast vinyl from 88/89. They came in a cardboard box so I got some blank sleeves and slapped some Dead logos and photos from a history of the Dead book. There is some amazing stuff on these including commercials for Anusol. Seriously!
2. Joint Adventures 5 lp coloured vinyl box set with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Dylan and the Dead from 2 July 86, Akron. It's an audience recording.
3. Warlocks 20th Anniversary, Greek Theatre, 14 June 85
4. More Cosmiic Messages, Stoney Brook 30 oct 1970 show 2
5. Double Dead Live, Haper College 1 April 1970 and Felt Forum NY, 5 Dec 71
6. Shalom bootleg, sometimes called mammary records (?) early 70's show
7. Farewell to Winterland, NYE 1978
8. Mountains of the Moon, Aoxomoxoa outtakes and warlock's demo from 65
9. Out West, TMQ from Hollywood Palladium 71-08-06
10. Live in Berlin, 25 Years, from Europe 20 Oct 1990
11. Uncle John's Band, Palais de Seine 1974 mixed up double vinyl with one record from vol1 and one from vol 2
12. A picture disc I picked up in Australia, Live Fillmore East 28 April 71
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by killwhyT.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

Re: Grateful Dead vinyl bootlegs and oddities

#11379 3 years, 3 months ago
sounds like stuff thats worth keeping
i wish there was a place close to home to find vintage vinyl
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#11626 3 years, 3 months ago
I have some interesting stuff on vinyl, too. I have three that you have (Farewell to Winterland, More Cosmic Messengers, and The Warlocks 20th Anniversary), along with these:

Dire Wolf (Platinum Records)
Grateful Dead (Mother Records)
Ain't It Crazy (Sugar Magnolia Records)
Cosmic Messengers (Swedish fan club album)
Acid Test (Swedish fan club album; splash colored vinyl, still sealed)
Music Never Stopped (Swedish fan club album; Englishtown '77)
New Year's Dead "A Swell Dance Concert" (2 LP on Toasted Records)
Grateful Dead (Blank Records; GAMH 8-13-75, labels list disco tunes!)

I also have a mint copy of "2 Originals of the Grateful Dead", a Warner Brothers German double LP release of the Dead's first two albums, Grateful Dead and Anthem of the Sun. Pretty cool stuff.
If it rolls, sink it.
DranoBlueslick
Fresh Boarder

#11764 3 years, 3 months ago
I used to hit a collector record store when there were still a few still around. Living in the 'burbs of vancouver, Dead stuff wasnt grabbed up too much at the time.

I managed to pick up:
1) FM Broadcast copy of Workingman's Dead from 'Warner Bros Music Service.'
2) Anthem, Live Dead, Aoxomoxoa, all with Gold Labels. Nice heavy pressings.

a few others, but those are the highlights. An early pressing of American Beauty with green label, and an early Europe 72. The Europe 72, and Live/Dead were complete with librettos....... a very lucky score, even at about $10 a pop...
DranoBlueslick
Fresh Boarder

#11765 3 years, 3 months ago
oh, yeah and 'Historic Dead', and what was the other one? "Vintage Dead", those two that were on Sunflower Records or whatever it was.
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#11832 3 years, 3 months ago
DranoBlueslick wrote:
oh, yeah and 'Historic Dead', and what was the other one? "Vintage Dead", those two that were on Sunflower Records or whatever it was.

I have a beautiful, near-mint copy of Historic that's still in the shrink wrap. Picked it up at, of all places, a church rummage sale about 25 years ago. I also got a sealed copy of "History of the Grateful Dead", (the Pride Records release, not Bear's Choice) from a local radio station when they were cleaning out their old inventory. Still has the "DJ only" sticker on the back.
If it rolls, sink it.
DranoBlueslick
Fresh Boarder

#12024 3 years, 3 months ago
Yeah, thats Good Shit !! Love that vinyl !!
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#12048 3 years, 3 months ago
DranoBlueslick wrote:
Yeah, thats Good Shit !! Love that vinyl !!

Put the record on and watch it spin . Something about those cracks and pops .Good Stuff
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#13460 3 years, 3 months ago
Historic and vintage dead on sunflowner. I've got both of those but never bought the double album of both. i've also got Jerry Keystone encores but would like to find the whole set which is 4 individual albums as I understand:
Keystone Encores, Volume 1 – Merl Saunders / Jerry Garcia / John Kahn / Bill Vitt – 1988 (LP)
Keystone Encores, Volume 2 – Merl Saunders / Jerry Garcia / John Kahn / Bill Vitt – 1988 (LP)
Live at the Keystone Vol. 1 – Merl Saunders / Jerry Garcia / John Kahn / Bill Vitt – 1988 (CD)
Live at the Keystone Vol. 2 – Merl Saunders / Jerry Garcia / John Kahn / Bill Vitt – 1988
I've seent he keystone on one double album.
Always wondered about those 'Acid Test' albums. Any good? Or just collectible as a historic document?
and can you believe the price of those Farewell to Winterland nowadays. Greedy 'collector' types lookin to cash in. Anytime some one tells you 'oh if I put this on ebay I can get...' just remind them of the f*cking grilled cheese sandwhich that sold for 10 grand on ebay. hardy har.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by killwhyT.
marcap
Junior Boarder

#23548 3 years, 2 months ago
here

Hi!
this is my Grateful Dead Bootlegs list.

My complete list of LPs, CDs, Bootlegs is under construction and not all the informations are in.
And still looking to find out pictures for the bootlegs cover.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by marcap.
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds