• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Phish tix vs. Furthur tix

#99886 2 years, 9 months ago
Prolly not what you expected but I was curious as to why Phish tickets are always decorated with cool art and all colorful and why Furthur tix are just ol fashioned Ticketbastid tix no designs? Not really a big deal but I've been curious about it for awhile
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

Re: Phish tix vs. Furthur tix

#99889 2 years, 9 months ago
Grateful Dead tickets used to be pretty and artful and glittery, Now on to the question of vs. lol it isn't even a contest, furthur
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor, jbjb2
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#99895 2 years, 9 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
Grateful Dead tickets used to be pretty and artful and glittery, Now on to the question of vs. lol it isn't even a contest, furthur

Agreed Ms. Jimp, no contest whatsoever.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#99984 2 years, 9 months ago
I did kinda like the FurthurFest idea where you turn your tickets in for a wrist band, although it made it super easy to get more people in; i.e. slipping off wrist band or cutting ends off and sewing them together, which wasn't a terrible thing with all the room we had out there in Calveras.
Not complaining, a plain ticket is better than no ticket just curious, I mean Phish goes all out with art and shiny things an bigger tix, I think it would be cool for Furthur to throw on some fan featured artwork, at least for the holiday shows or whatnot. Regardless I''ll be there shakin them bones!!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#99993 2 years, 9 months ago
the GDTSTOO tickets from mailorder that I have from the first two new years are souvenir specialty tickets....thats Phil/Ratdog NYE and Furthur's First
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#99996 2 years, 9 months ago
The only Phish tix that I had back in the 90's were ticketmaster tix, and they were given to me for free. I went to Conventry and IT and they had different fancy tickets, but they were for a festival, but I didn't even see the band at those, I just went to hang with friends. I can't stand Phish! I, too, had fancy New Years Phil/ratdog NYE tix, though..
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#100148 2 years, 9 months ago
they play a fraction of the amt of shows furthur does. so in terms of dollars and cents, that could be a possible factor.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#100219 2 years, 9 months ago
like mrs jimp said back in the day they were smaller ,hard stock with dancing bears and skealtons with glitter and watermarks and messages on them i still have a few saved
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#100224 2 years, 9 months ago
i think its cause phish is more a permanant band, while furthur is just what bob and phil are into right now.
if the core four were to get together, with jeff and someone on lead, and go about the whole thing seriously, like create new songs, maybe(gasp) put out an album of NEW songs, then maybe we will get back to the days of fancy tickets, and tours that are laid out in a way that people can GO ON TOUR, not just hit a run of shows, and shell out the bucks.
i think furthur is a cash cow, that phil and bob are using to finace their scemes of world domination.
and i support that.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#100899 2 years, 9 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
like mrs jimp said back in the day they were smaller ,hard stock with dancing bears and skealtons with glitter and watermarks and messages on them i still have a few saved

All that stuff on them was anti-counterfitting methods. If you tear the mail order ticket- you'll see that the ticket is actually three layers of paper- the inside layer was usually pink or a light red. It usually took a lot of explaining to a newbie from whom I was buyig their mailorder tix that I had to tear their ticket to be sure it was real.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds