• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Gratefuldeadgame.com

#99631 2 years, 4 months ago
It's here! I haven't yet started it but I took a peak and it looks cool. See you all on there! Got something fun to do today. Gratefuldeadgame.com
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, rockinbob
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: Gratefuldeadgame.com

#99640 2 years, 4 months ago
Looks like fun cant wait til Jan 31 to try it out
The voices tell me what to say
volare
Senior Boarder

#99676 2 years, 4 months ago
just built my bear. i can't tell though if we will be able to play for free once the game starts or we will have to buy the memberships....
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#99678 2 years, 4 months ago
The Epic Tour.... design your own dancing bear avatar.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#99680 2 years, 4 months ago
i just checked it out they want you to pay for memberships and buy stealies to pay for stuff the premise is neat but im not giving them money to play a game,but to each their own. i did build a bear for the heck ofit ,didnt save it tho
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#99682 2 years, 4 months ago
I'm worried it could become prohibitively expensive, if it's going to have ongoing fees, because it looks very, very addictive!
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by SunshineSue.
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#99684 2 years, 4 months ago
This looks so funny, I made a bear, and voted for a few "epic shows". Hopefully you don't have to pay just to play the game, because thats ridiculous.
From the email they sent out :
"In the Game World, each Epic Show is a Planet in Space. Players are on an adventure trying to get to every show of the tour. The community faces a common challenge: a tug-of-war between The Dark and Light. Darkness in the Game World is undiscovered, empty, or unkind places. The community will work together to shine the Love Light in places where there is Darkness. Light represents the collective positive vibe of the Grateful Dead experience: the music, fun, community, celebration, cooperation, individualism, hope, freedom, escape, and joy. Light is brought by acts of kindness to other players, by cooperation, and by cultivating gardens of flowers."

LOL. That made me laugh so much, but it sounds like it could be really cool
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#99734 2 years, 4 months ago
My kids play ginlinenline, like toon town, and
Star wars. These games are superinteractive and pretty amazing. I may have to stay away from this dead game, it will probably awesomely addicting.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#99758 2 years, 4 months ago
Yeah, I love love LOVE the idea of this, and made a bear (red with a blue neck thing like the "Bertha" bear, so I called it "Virtual B")..................

BUT!!!!!!

The whole "pay to play" thing is really dumb. Facebook doesn't even make you pay. But I guarantee this is a precursor to that which will come. Not a fan of having to pay to be a Deadhead [so much] these days.

A few CDs a year, great. A monumental tour costing hundreds? Fine. But this pay to play online game and Furthur's recent spring tour woes.....this is kinda getting ridiculous.

Oh and I like how the premise includes "light" and "dark" forces, a la Star Wars- aka the reason they chose 5/25/77 as the first Dave's Picks! It's all marketing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bakes, 23atwell
deadbeat427
Junior Boarder

#99864 2 years, 4 months ago
Got a email earlier today. Gonna go check it out now
Make myself a bed by the waterside
In my time - in my time - I will roll roll roll
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds