• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
gscore1
Fresh Boarder

what do you think of the backup singers

#9959 3 years, 6 months ago
Personally i like the backup singers but i think they need to know when to tone it down a little. i feel like songs like new potatoe caboose and the eleven, where there are singing melodies between 2 different people, they do great. but i dont think they should be beliting out the chorous to scarlet cus its fun to sing. friday night at radio city i was really not digging them because i felt as though sunshine was singing soo loud i couldnt hear the instruments whenever she sang.

How do yall feel about them?
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

Re: what do you think of the backup singers

#9960 3 years, 6 months ago
I like them
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#9963 3 years, 6 months ago
I love em. Fucking love 'em. I think the vocals really need their touch to make a fuller, richer sound. NOW, since people ahve been saying Sunshine's singing too loud, I've tried to pay attention and single her out when I'm listening to the tour. I do agree at times she a lil loud, and at times shes off, coming in late or too early. But, hey... its not gunna be perfect, and I'd rather put up with a little errors like that than not have her at all, ya know? She get more dailed in as time goes on anyhow.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#9974 3 years, 6 months ago
I definitely don't think they detract from the older songs and sometimes they even add a fuller sound that makes for a more striking dynamic. More importantly, some of the new covers -- like the Abbey Road medley -- that are starting to define this band would be unthinkable without the extra voices.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
HawaiiTedd
Fresh Boarder

#9977 3 years, 6 months ago
Definitely gives a fuller more melodic sound vocally. Agree that it makes doing some of the covers possible (Beatles, Pink Floyd, etc.). That being said...there are also some songs that don't need background singers. Used appropriately I think it adds to the sound.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#9979 3 years, 6 months ago
they smooth things out a lot.
phil and bobby are more musicians than singers and, sans jerry they have to sing things that they weren't meant to sing.
they backup singers help the vocals out a lot .
this tour has the best vocals so far.
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#9981 3 years, 6 months ago
There's a lot about this tour that's the best so far.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#9986 3 years, 6 months ago
I love them! They make the vocals so rich and melodic! These last shows have been magical ! Thanks to all the band members for their contributions!!! C y'all soon!
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Material St. John
Junior Boarder

#9987 3 years, 6 months ago
I also love them. Jeff is the Man--- Eclipse was fire.

I am all about everyone in this band being comfortable and shining. (and doing it for a while)

You know what I really love----

when someone in the band misses a cue on vocals... and we in the crowd pick up the slack!

Go Furthur!
"and/or it will require a change that hasn't come before"
Kfly
Fresh Boarder

#9992 3 years, 6 months ago
Comes A Time in Orlando 4/5/11, in my opinion, was a very stellar performance with JK and the backup singers. I agree Sunshine can be a little loud at times but they are both great assets to the band.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds