• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Furthur management PLEASE peak inside

#99546 2 years, 8 months ago
Ok this will be my last comment on the subject ( i can here the cheering) but there once was this band called the Grateful Dead. They were known for being generous and caring about their fans. They even set up their own ticketing system to ensure that "real" fans had access to tickets and real good tickets. The system worked beautifully from the time it started all the way till its unfortunate end. Occasionally people would get shut out but it was very rare. FF to present the remnants of that group form a band Furthur. These same loyal life long fans come back in throngs to support the band. Somewhere along the way concern for their fans was forgotten. The ticketing system that worked so well for years suddenly gets no tickets. Their ticketing company whom they contract with scalps their tickets, giving the average Joe struggling in this economy little to no chance of attending shows. When over 20% of the house is in the "secondary" market something is really really wrong. Many many fans who have the $$ and want to attend don't even get the oppurtunity to buy tickets...unless they want to pay a scalper. I would truely like to hear an explanation as to how this situation was allowed to happen. One can "infer" that the band is getting a cut of the scalped tix... I am not making that accusation, I am just saying it puts the band in a very bad light. On this site alone... where the hardest of hardcore fans "hangout" many many folks got shut out who were online at the precise moment they went on sale... yet somehow 450 tickets find their way to stubhub at inflated prices. I will not buy the argument that its out of your control...it could be fixed very easily by taking the above 450 tickets and givng them to GDTS TOO to distribute. With all due respect, as a life long fan I think some type of explanation is the least you could do. Thank you in advance.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delilajones, jbjb2
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: Furthur management PLEASE peak inside

#99547 2 years, 8 months ago
I'm in not sure the people in the band are so financially unstable that they need to split among them the scratch they would get from a cut of the 450 scalped tickets...Phil probably has more than that in his checking account. This is a very shitty situation but lets just ease of the band members a bit their all stand up people!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jk420
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#99611 2 years, 8 months ago
Bump for management
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#99614 2 years, 8 months ago
The only thing this will accomplish is raising the ticket prices of the better seats.

Y'all know the deal, get with the program.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#99630 2 years, 8 months ago
[quote="Cornjulio" post=99614]The only thing this will accomplish is raising the ticket prices of the better seats.

Thats like your opinion. You are entitled to it. I disagree with your presumption.
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#99635 2 years, 8 months ago
This is Ticketbastid's doing. This certainly isn't the first time this type of thing has happened and unfortunately it won't be the last time. Not too long ago Ticketbastard was sued because they diverted Springsteen tickets direct to "re-sale" (scalper) site. This is true, an undeniable fact that Ticketbastard was scalping tickets before they even reached the on-sale. A google search produced a bunch or articles about this lawsuit, here's one: www.contactmusic.com/news/ticketmaster-h...lion-lawsuit_1094440

For whatever reason, Furthur decided to play small theaters on this tour. The decision wasn't based on greed, because they could get a higher payday at a larger arena.

If the band's goal was to make as much money as possible, why would they do 8 nights in a theater with less than 3,000 seat capacity when they could play the ~20,000 seat Madison Square Garden one night? If the goal was greed, why sweat and work 8 nights when 1 night would have bigger payday, especially if they didn't book another show anywhere else on the east Coast, which would almost guarantee a sellout & they could charge good $$ for tickets?

Futhur isn't in it for greed. Try buying Neil Young, Rolling Stones or Eagles tickets some day. You won't be offered a $50 ticket to a tiny place like The Oakdale.
These are the good old days!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jk420
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#99642 2 years, 8 months ago
Billy you make several valid points. Thats why I asked for an explanation-- if its not greed ( and I agree it doesn't make sense)..its either a) totally inept management or B. a blatant disregard for their loyal fans. If there is a C answer I want to here what it is from Further management. Why has the time honored and tested tradition of mail order get no tix for this run? If you somehow got tickets great tear it up...... if you didn't PLEASE do not support the scalpers. I'm sure the band doesn't wanna play to 440 empty seats ..wow I just remembered.. I did see the Stones at the Tower... and got em legitametly.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#99644 2 years, 8 months ago
try and ask someone here: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it maybe someone will get back to you and you can enlighten us all.
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: DangerousDan, deadontherivet
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#99649 2 years, 8 months ago
First off I totally agree that the pre sale blows, and the GDTS system is antiquated. There are a lot better ways of getting tix in real fans hands. What I dont understand if u are so upset about this, and need to post on the topic numerous times why don't u try and do something more productive about it. Start a Facebook petition or something and forward it over to Bobby's management.

I love the band, but don't think they are perfect. I doubt if they even think twice about these daily dealings, on ticket allocations. I'd go so far as to bet if u met Phil in the street and brought it up if he would even have a clue what u are talking about. That's why they have management teams, and lawyers.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, ecojaded
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#99653 2 years, 8 months ago
There will be more tickets, Lets not burn ourselfs out with anger... Just yet
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds