• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Re: Its an inside job wake up folks

#99632 2 years, 4 months ago
Have people forgotten how impossible it was to get a good ticket from 86-95? How many times folks got rejected via mail order? If you want a really good ticket you will get one for Mon or Tuesday night near cost.

I don't know what you were doing wrong I got plenty of great seats. Row 1 for 7-8-90 at 3 Rivers Stadium WITH Crosby Stills & Nash. I was 8th row directly in front of Phil at the Spectrum on 3/19/95 when they busted out Unbroken chain. I never got rejected by mail order... some nights the seats weren't as great but they were always at LEAST on the first level. The way I lived it remembered it if you ordered for 3 nights you would get one night awesome seats first 20 rows another night mid grade seats about halfway back on the first level.. and the other night towards the back on the first level. You also more often then not sat next to the same people all 3 nights.

Shit the Stones were charging $150 for upstairs in an arena

Newsflash- Furthur is not the Rolling Stones. Not even in the same league from a strictly "popularity" stand point.
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#99634 2 years, 4 months ago
Gone are the days, we used to decide......
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#99645 2 years, 4 months ago
You can't compare the Philly Spectrum or 3 Rivers Stadium to the 2,894 seat Beacon Theater. Granted, Furthur isn't anywhere as popular now as the GD was back then, but there are more Deadheads in the New Jersey-NYC-Long Island area than most anywhere. Bobby once referred to the NY tri-state area as The Dead Belt.
These are the good old days!!
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#99648 2 years, 4 months ago
BillyDeLion wrote:
You can't compare the Philly Spectrum or 3 Rivers Stadium to the 2,894 seat Beacon Theater. Granted, Furthur isn't anywhere as popular now as the GD was back then, but there are more Deadheads in the New Jersey-NYC-Long Island area than most anywhere. Bobby once referred to the NY tri-state area as The Dead Belt.

Your right which is precisely the reason they should have taken steps to ensure that deadicated fans have a REAL chance at tickets.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#99697 2 years, 4 months ago
if you a dead head, it really helps to live close to NYC, or the bay area.
otherwise you either have to trave ALOT, or see only a few shows a year.
its funny, for NYE at bill graham, the only night sold out is NYE, not the first two, YET,
but the beacon is already gettin swooped on by scaplers. smaller place, different ball of wax, smalll venue, longer run, etc. etc. etc., BUT, im still glad i live in cali.
lkeep your long runs, with no shakedown, ill take my one offs, with the boys.
i see new york plates all the time up here. wonder ehat they are doin so far way from home? lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#99698 2 years, 4 months ago
It's FEMA I tell you

As scary as all of this talk about FEMA camps is and as strange as some things may be getting there are a few things we always forget about such things when letting our natural imaginations take over. 1. FEMA is incapable of managing a hurricane. 2. FEMA is incapable of providing ANYTHING after a hurricane other than bottles of water, heater meals and tarps. 3. FEMA will just give most perspective residents of said camps a voucher for a future stay once they become eligible for camp residency, 4. The rules for camp residency eligibility will be so indeterminable that almost NO ONE will qualify for this government benefit FEMA is allegedly training high school kids to be the future employees of these camps with clubs in high schools, their videos claim things like "I AM FIERCE " and a young lady zipping up her wind breaker stating proudly "AND THIS IS WHAT I WEAR" this uniform is khaki pants, an ugly ass ascot , a long sleeve shirt and a wind breaker that is burgundy in color. How in the hell can a kid that is being brainwashed to be anti gun and looks like a Mc Donalds employee actually scare anyone for the simple fact that they are doing calisthenics in formation? Just shout an order at them like "MOP THE FLOOR" and they will comply lol. I have seen these high school FEMA geeks in action in Florida during the hurricane season from hell and all I can say is LMAO.
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#99703 2 years, 4 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
It's FEMA I tell you

As scary as all of this talk about FEMA camps is and as strange as some things may be getting there are a few things we always forget about such things when letting our natural imaginations take over. 1. FEMA is incapable of managing a hurricane. 2. FEMA is incapable of providing ANYTHING after a hurricane other than bottles of water, heater meals and tarps. 3. FEMA will just give most perspective residents of said camps a voucher for a future stay once they become eligible for camp residency, 4. The rules for camp residency eligibility will be so indeterminable that almost NO ONE will qualify for this government benefit FEMA is allegedly training high school kids to be the future employees of these camps with clubs in high schools, their videos claim things like "I AM FIERCE " and a young lady zipping up her wind breaker stating proudly "AND THIS IS WHAT I WEAR" this uniform is khaki pants, an ugly ass ascot , a long sleeve shirt and a wind breaker that is burgundy in color. How in the hell can a kid that is being brainwashed to be anti gun and looks like a Mc Donalds employee actually scare anyone for the simple fact that they are doing calisthenics in formation? Just shout an order at them like "MOP THE FLOOR" and they will comply lol. I have seen these high school FEMA geeks in action in Florida during the hurricane season from hell and all I can say is LMAO.

Thats some funny shit right there. Perhaps we can get these trainees to storm ticket master headquartes. Or send them on a scouting mission to find Further managements brain. First its a tour with one off shows 100's of miles away back and forth east-west-east-west...now they schedule a run of shows at a venue in one place YIPPIE but unfortunately you cannot acquire tickets to it unless you want to pay their ticket provider a premium for tickets on their scalper site.
Mr.Spuntastic
Junior Boarder

#99709 2 years, 4 months ago
Just don't buy tickets off the scalpers and the boys will wonder why no one is at a sold out show.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#99714 2 years, 4 months ago
Mr.Spuntastic wrote:
Just don't buy tickets off the scalpers and the boys will wonder why no one is at a sold out show.

That would be spuntastic. That said I am quite sure some people reading this will buy from scalpers. I urge them to at least wait till like the day before the shows... and watch the scalpers price come down when they realize they have 400 unsold tix and the shows tommorow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
deadegad
Expert Boarder

#99719 2 years, 4 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
Mr.Spuntastic wrote:

That would be spuntastic. That said I am quite sure some people reading this will buy from scalpers. I urge them to at least wait till like the day before the shows... and watch the scalpers price come down when they realize they have 400 unsold tix and the shows tommorow.

WITS the fix is in! You are right to hammer away on this one. If you search my posts you'll see I've done may fair share of complaining on this very subject.

And yes, If at all possible wait until a couple of days before buying form a scalper.
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds