• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: Its an inside job wake up folks

#99526 2 years, 9 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
how much will they jack you for a bottle of water? 10 bucks? You could be dying.. and you wouldn't get any water from them unless you had the money to pay for it...

Most venues have bubblers that's what I use usually...but if your dying from dehydration literally there's always a freshly flushed toilet .....maybe a sink would be better:silly:
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Dire Wolf.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#99527 2 years, 9 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
If you say you are helpless then you will be helpless...
I make a stand and refuse to give them my money..
What do you think would happen if everyone boycotted this run because of the inside job with ticket sales?
No money... they won't make that mistake twice...hit them where it hurts.. in the wallet

So you saying boycott this run. Then you should boycott the nye shows to. Im sure this all went down with those tickets too. That's just a bigger venue naturally more people will get into that show. I tought I saw were your husband got tickets trough ticketmaster. I could be wrong.
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#99532 2 years, 9 months ago
nope, you are correct, we got some through TM and some through GDTS.. and if it were my decision.. we wouldn't be going.. but this is something he has wanted for a long long time...I wanted to do a NYE run too but it wasn't that high on my list.. we just happen to be able to pull it off this time...but I said as soon as this april run was announced that we would not be giving Furthur any more money for a while... that I wanted to spend our money on doing something else other than putting the band's kids through college.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#99533 2 years, 9 months ago
brokenarrow wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
If you say you are helpless then you will be helpless...
I make a stand and refuse to give them my money..
What do you think would happen if everyone boycotted this run because of the inside job with ticket sales?
No money... they won't make that mistake twice...hit them where it hurts.. in the wallet

So you saying boycott this run. Then you should boycott the nye shows to. Im sure this all went down with those tickets too. That's just a bigger venue naturally more people will get into that show. I tought I saw were your husband got tickets trough ticketmaster. I could be wrong.

Can you imagine some pissed off people from this forum walking up to Phil and Joe hanging outside the show on NYE and being like fuck you greedy inside job bastards I've seen shows for twenty years or more and I can't get in to the beacon...its only gonna get worse people we just hit 7,000,000,000 people even fewer tickets and higher demand for the future!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#99534 2 years, 9 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
nope, you are correct, we got some through TM and some through GDTS.. and if it were my decision.. we wouldn't be going.. but this is something he has wanted for a long long time...I wanted to do a NYE run too but it wasn't that high on my list.. we just happen to be able to pull it off this time...but I said as soon as this april run was announced that we would not be giving Furthur any more money for a while... that I wanted to spend our money on doing something else other than putting the band's kids through college.

Sounds like you've figured out what you would like to do now lets all look forward to NYE!
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#99536 2 years, 9 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:

Then why is he bitching so much. He is contradicting himself.
GOOD LOVE
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, Dire Wolf
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#99542 2 years, 9 months ago
I definitely agree, I was just trying to see if there is 1 seat for any of the Beacon shows through ticketmaster, no luck. But their are plenty here, www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/tickets.aspx?evtid=1794008 (all the way up to $943)
Unfortunately its no surprise, especially at a small place like the Beacon. But I really wish something could have been done to try and curb this problem. Its not like nobody saw it coming, 20 percent of the house and you know people will pay for it.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Shakeit.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#99591 2 years, 9 months ago
if you're meant to get in you'll get in.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#99602 2 years, 9 months ago
I agree with tgat, but this time, I'd rather run naked through the snow.

wlewis wrote:
if you're meant to get in you'll get in.
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

#99623 2 years, 9 months ago
Wake up folks.

The band gives fans equal shot at some really good tickets...just less of them for the Big Shoes at popular venues on Sat night.

Everybody is well aware of the fact that everyone is in on this. These hot shows help underwrite the tour. The only thing bitching is going to do is bring back the VIP tickets a la Dead tour. So if you want to keep complaining, you will get even more of a chance when the first 10 rows go up to $150+ like the Allmans.

If you want a really good seat, target mid week.

If you want the band to come to your town on a weekend, work with a promoter and put up some of the guarantee.

Have people forgotten how impossible it was to get a good ticket from 86-95? How many times folks got rejected via mail order? If you want a really good ticket you will get one for Mon or Tuesday night near cost.

Shit the Stones were charging $150 for upstairs in an arena.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Cornjulio.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds