• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Re: Re anybody have any luck today?

#99933 2 years, 9 months ago
I understand for many it's just a party with some good music, but for some of us, it's a way of life, and I for one would like to see it succeed with the people who really deserve to be there. Just my two cents..

Thank you for this post it is dead on. I saw my first show 31 yrs ago as a wide eyed 16 yr old... it definately is where I grew up and learned to release form the daily pressures of life. To have it ruined by TM's blatant scalping and some losers like Kevin on this site is definately disheartening. You get it. Bravo.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
spazman
Junior Boarder

#100317 2 years, 9 months ago
hey lewis don,t forget me if you got an extra for fri. or sat @ beacon.Happy holidays bro.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#100323 2 years, 9 months ago
scott good to hear from you brother. those are 2 of 3 beacon shows i didn't get tix for as i need the time open for my bands gigs. if i hear anything i will let you know for sure. enjoy the holidaze, thanks again for those buffalo tix, the gals loved 'em.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#100327 2 years, 9 months ago
I'm looking for a weekday single ticket for the Beacon.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#100349 2 years, 9 months ago
I do not fault the band for wanting to play a cool small venue and 'stretch' over a multii night stand and avoid the rigors of traveling night after night at their age.

There are couple of problems as we all know.

One is that its great for people in or near New York, or people with the time and money to get there.

If Furthur continues playing, let's hope so, then multi night stands without the extensive traveling seems the way to keep it healthy for them. With that in mind, if they continue then it would be a great idea for them to announce just that and that they plan multi night runs in key geographical areas with perhaps a satellite show or two in order to assure people outside N.Y. and S.F that they will get a chance to hear the magic. This would reduce scalper value on this Beacon ,CT,MA run. I'm sure the scalpers can get more because there is a lack of opportunity; i. e. , other shows in other place, to see this great, great band.

I would urge Furthur's management to consider this.

It would help a lot of music hungry Heads here who are 'jonesing' for their next batch of notes.

The TicketBastard-Scalper multi headed Hydra Monster that is something I wish Furthur and others could do more about. I do not know what's happening inside the band and their management but the demise of GDTS is sad.

Yet I do not think Bob and Phil and Co. are at all apathetic to this.

The Mega Millions Lotto is up to 152 million if I win I'll hire Furthur to play some shows for everyone here. You got to buy me a couple of beers inside though.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds