• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

Re: Re anybody have any luck today?

#99531 2 years, 10 months ago
The only time I really complain is when I can't get in or have to pay an exorbitant amount over face value.. I certainly prefer some venues over others, but when they are selling out at even some of the larger venues, I don't understand why they would play at anything smaller. I understand playing at a small venue for a more intimate setting, but for those of us who do nearly every show on every tour, it really gets tough to have to pay double the normal ticket price because we can't get tickets with credit cards, or perhaps have to work the instant they go on sale. I have an extremely tough time getting tickets to any small venue for the simple fact I don't use credit cards.

I even tried to the ticketbastard outlets but they wouldn't sell them to me since I am not in New York. Perhaps they were sold out online right at 10am, and that is the reason, but I have been told at the outlet near me that they don't even get them for the out of state shows. I am not sure if that is just an excuse the outlet gave or if that is really true, but it isn't the first time it happened.

And it really sucks that with the price of things in NYC, it sucks to drive all the way out, pay for hotels, gas, and food, without even being sure I'll get into the show. Never the less, I'll be wandering around outside the show early, with a finger in the air looking to buy any extras that are available.

BTW, I didn't mind the single night per venue so much as the way it jumped around all over. It cost a lot in gas and time to drive from one show, across the state to another, only to have to turn around and go back to a couple hours from where I was a night or few before. I prefer when they play all the shows within a nearer distance of each other in that order, so I don't spend all day in a car trying to make each one. It's nice to be able to relax a bit before a show. I am getting a bit old to handle it all. When I was younger I could stay up all night partying and still have energy to make it to the next show and hang out, but now I have to shoot back to the hotel to catch some rest, get up early and back on the road to just barely make it in time before the doors open. No more hanging out on lot all day before the show, like I used to do. Life on tour isn't as easy as it used to be!
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by GratefulDad420.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#99537 2 years, 10 months ago
GratefulDad420 wrote:
The only time I really complain is when I can't get in or have to pay an exorbitant amount over face value.. I certainly prefer some venues over others, but when they are selling out at even some of the larger venues, I don't understand why they would play at anything smaller. I understand playing at a small venue for a more intimate setting, but for those of us who do nearly every show on every tour, it really gets tough to have to pay double the normal ticket price because we can't get tickets with credit cards, or perhaps have to work the instant they go on sale. I have an extremely tough time getting tickets to any small venue for the simple fact I don't use credit cards.

I even tried to the ticketbastard outlets but they wouldn't sell them to me since I am not in New York. Perhaps they were sold out online right at 10am, and that is the reason, but I have been told at the outlet near me that they don't even get them for the out of state shows. I am not sure if that is just an excuse the outlet gave or if that is really true, but it isn't the first time it happened.

And it really sucks that with the price of things in NYC, it sucks to drive all the way out, pay for hotels, gas, and food, without even being sure I'll get into the show. Never the less, I'll be wandering around outside the show early, with a finger in the air looking to buy any extras that are available.

There were real low numbers and empty venues on a handful shows last tour...especially NH surprising considering it was the tour opener
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#99541 2 years, 10 months ago
Perhaps, it would be better to play the smaller venues in the more obscure places, then. NYC is always packed as all get out.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#99544 2 years, 10 months ago
GratefulDad420 wrote:
Perhaps, it would be better to play the smaller venues in the more obscure places, then. NYC is always packed as all get out.

That's why I was thankful for the Wang and CT. Luckily those have.been left out of all this whackness and negativity ...those are my hometown shows and I'm in the first two rows for all of them so the scalpers can have the beacon...the Wang shows are gonna be standouts just wait and see and every wallingford show has been a blast especially the pigpen Mardi gras show last time!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#99582 2 years, 10 months ago
i don't really call it luck but i did very well on the frontgate presale.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#99593 2 years, 10 months ago
I hate pre-sales because that's where the scalpers get their tickets. I don't know how they do it but I suppose if your profession is ripping people off you learn the tricks to get those tickets. Sometimes it makes me think it's an inside job which really makes me sick so I try very hard not to think that way but something is fishy ...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Mr.Spuntastic
Junior Boarder

#99600 2 years, 10 months ago
i just found a ticket for the 13th for over a grand...
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#99624 2 years, 10 months ago
What are you all bitchin about? Go on a whitewater raft trip or a fucking cruise to the Caribbean. Better yet, go see some great local bands in your area or hug a tree. The way I see it, with side proects going on, staying off the road allows more dedication to the music. We'll get a tour. Diversify dsmmit. Take a sabbatical.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, kevin
Mr.Spuntastic
Junior Boarder

#99639 2 years, 10 months ago
I wonder if no one bought tickets off stub hub how long it would take for them to go out of business... It'd be impossible to make that happen though.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#99921 2 years, 10 months ago
Bakes wrote:
What are you all bitchin about? Go on a whitewater raft trip or a fucking cruise to the Caribbean. Better yet, go see some great local bands in your area or hug a tree. The way I see it, with side proects going on, staying off the road allows more dedication to the music. We'll get a tour. Diversify dsmmit. Take a sabbatical.
The problem is these guys are 60-70+ years old, so we're limited as to how may more of these we'll be able to see. If you spent your life "dead"icated to the scene and way of life, it can be pretty devastating to be shut out of one of the few things that really helps you come alive and feel great for the few hours you get to have this specific experience. TBH, the alternatives you gave don't even sound remotely appealing to me, and I only actually feel at home at a show by the boys.

For those of us who try to hit every single show, it can make us pretty emotional when we have to pay hundreds of dollars to see it because some assholes bought all the tickets that are only in it for the money. It's just like the nitrous guys who come to the lot to take all the money they can away from the scene, when they aren't going to turn around and put it back into the band's or family's scene to keep us all going.

I understand for many it's just a party with some good music, but for some of us, it's a way of life, and I for one would like to see it succeed with the people who really deserve to be there. Just my two cents..

Have a Grateful Day!
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds