• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Furthur should have made Beacon run will call only

#99444 2 years, 10 months ago
hopefully in the future they might consider something like that for real hard to get shows like this. scalpers love these shows and they had it made from the get go. The place is small enough where will call could of worked

scalpers have way to many of these tickets!
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

Re: Furthur should have made Beacon run will call only

#99447 2 years, 10 months ago
Be careful.. having an opinion on Furthur and they way they run their business are fighting words to the elders...then you will be accused of attacking the elders when you defend your opinion...but fear not, I agree with you. GDTS should have never advertised a mail in date for these shows at all.
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#99453 2 years, 10 months ago
2829 people waiting in will call line for 8 nights in NYC. Don't know if that would work so well.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Slewfoot.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#99457 2 years, 10 months ago
I never saw where GDTS said no tickets just a slim chance. The beacon only hold 2800 people . How many people do you think mail ordered for it. I agree there needs to be a better way from keeping scalpers from getting them but not coming down on GDTS.
GOOD LOVE
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#99459 2 years, 10 months ago
Slewfoot wrote:
2900 people waiting in will call line for 8 nights in NYC. Don't know if that would work so well.

why not, 2900 people will stand in line to get patted down... why not stand in line, get your tickets, move to security next and then in you go...seems like it would be a better system.. if you last name begins with a-g, you get in line at a certain time H-P get in line at the next designated time and so on...
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#99463 2 years, 10 months ago
not saying it wouldn't work, but do you really think 2900 deadheads in various states of mind would be able to line up based on time and name?
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#99470 2 years, 10 months ago
Slewfoot wrote:
not saying it wouldn't work, but do you really think 2900 deadheads in various states of mind would be able to line up based on time and name?

honestly, who's responsiblity is it to make sure you are able to do something as simple as stand in line.. I thought it was about the music.. not the drugs.. so if that's the biggest concern, then seems like more are there for the drugs then the music...I personally would gladly stand in line..sober, to keep the scalpers from getting tickets. I am not responsible for the ass holes who can't handle their drugs and do something as simple as stand in line to get their tickets, and then go thru security.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#99475 2 years, 10 months ago
I think the point is: there must be a better way.

And all of this Beacon ticket-buying stress seems to be getting to everyone.....
Peace & Love people!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#99479 2 years, 10 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
I think the point is: there must be a better way.

And all of this Beacon ticket-buying stress seems to be getting to everyone.....
Peace & Love people!

Well Thank GOD you told me what the point was... I really had no clue what I was talking about..
you are so helpful...bless you..
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#99480 2 years, 10 months ago
I don't know how the place is set up but they could probably set something up like having multiple will call lines then having to go through security or some other way to have multiple will call lines. They could also have the will call all day before the show and encourage people to go early, especially those already in the area.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds