• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
indiecred
Fresh Boarder

Question about Shoreline...

#9939 3 years, 5 months ago
Okay. I've got 150+ shows under my belt, but somehow, someway, never have been to Shoreline. (I know.)

Anyhow, I was wondering if they allow RVs in the upper dirt parking lot. I don't want to spend a fortune and be down in the fancy paid parking lot; too pricey and no action! So, to the best of anyone's memories, is it allowed?

Thanks and looking forward to June.

Bound to cover just a little more ground!
Cornjulio
Junior Boarder

Re: Question about Shoreline...

#9971 3 years, 5 months ago
I don't know, but you might be able to call them. I used to park in the office park. There's a few places where it was allowed about a 10 minute walk away. It's been 7 years since I've been to the dump.
sfwharfratluke
Junior Boarder

#9996 3 years, 5 months ago
the best lot for shakedown action is the paved lot just outside the ticket booth.
the pre-paid lot is also paved - but it's a VIP lot and it's just down from the ticket booth.
not much action in the VIP lot.
you'll have to time it just right (getting there early) to get in the good lot.
the dirt lots aren't so great.
indiecred
Fresh Boarder

#10016 3 years, 5 months ago
Thanks! Any other advice is welcomed.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#10274 3 years, 5 months ago
What Luke said. In 2009 I definately saw buses and maybe RVs in the free (parking fee built into ticket price) paved parking lot. I don't know if they stayed overnight. Getting there early is important for good placement. The parking lot scene was real sweet, like one big party. They have also improved the bowl by cutting a flat space at the very top and building a tall faux Western facade fence there that cuts the wind real well. What was formerly to me an impossible place to dance at is now quite nice and was lots of fun. sfwharfratluke wrote:
the best lot for shakedown action is the paved lot just outside the ticket booth.
the pre-paid lot is also paved - but it's a VIP lot and it's just down from the ticket booth.
not much action in the VIP lot.
you'll have to time it just right (getting there early) to get in the good lot.
the dirt lots aren't so great.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#11044 3 years, 5 months ago
I can't wait. Still have to bu a plane ticket, but I'm holding off hoping they add that 3rd night. Anyone hear anything on that??? I'd be very pissed if I fly home Sunday and they play Sunday. But I'd be equally pissed if I fly home Monday morning and rush to work for no reason at all.... c'mon Bob and Phil....
jerrybear73
Fresh Boarder

#11089 3 years, 5 months ago
my gal and i are attending the shoreline show.... is there a campsite nearby where there will be fellow heads to party with?
Nancyinthesky
Junior Boarder

#11121 3 years, 5 months ago
No campgrounds in the 'burbs. But if you want to drive into the hills, there's Memorial Park in the Santa Cruz mountains, there are some nice campsites on the creek. There's also a youth hostel on the coast, about an hour drive though. www.norcalhostels.org/pigeon/
And there's also the hostel at Hidden Villa that's not very far from Shoreline, maybe a 20 min drive - but the web site says that it's only open to the public though May. Might want to inquire anyway, maybe early June? www.hiddenvilla.org/hostel.php
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#11461 3 years, 5 months ago
re: camping

I was thinking the same thing. The closest tent camping is like 45 minutes away. If there's no thread here- check out Ratdog.org's discussion with my same username there. I gave up. We are looking into hotels close by the venue.....
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by lostsailor.
indiecred
Fresh Boarder

#21373 3 years, 4 months ago
Hopefully i can get the small RV into the good lot!
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds