• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DL1943
Junior Boarder

Re: Barefoot at shows

#102268 2 years, 10 months ago
in response to the "did you see xxxx at monterey" and as a note to the barefoot dancers...

did anyone see the drunken disheveled old man walking with crutches lumber over to a slightly open spot to the right of the soundboard during setbreak, urinate in the middle of the crowd, and lumber away? my friends and i moved a good distance away, and until the drugs and movements of the crowd made me a bit unsure as to exactly where the incident had occurred, i spent a bit of time warning people who were about to, or had already, unwittingly sat in a puddle of urine.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#102304 2 years, 10 months ago
PMoondancer wrote:
Exodus
2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
4 And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

I love that!!!!!! Wohoooo....!

I'm a barefooter. If you are a spinner, the problem with shoes is you can't grab the ground. Your toes are very effective with helping grap, believe it or not. On top of that, it slows you down- the shoes move or shift and it is a little awkward. And, of course- you can't tell you are dancing in seomthing slippery. Barefeet - you'll feel it long before a shoe wearing person feels it (because they will have fallen, shoeless you won't).

So I wear berks or pop the shoes off and then pop them back on again.

I almost got thrown out at the hardrock, Orlando at Furthur's winter 2010 run. That sucked.

At a ratdog show in San Diego, the security guy told me, after multiple requests, if I'm barefoot again he'll keep me out. I pleaded "don't worry, I'm a profession....". He was not amused....I put my shoes on and my dancing suffered because of it.

My advice: try it. You'll like it. Just plop a wash cloth into the tub the when you get home to bath because it will make your bathtub pretty gross.... and pisses off the wife.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, PMoondancer
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder

#102306 2 years, 10 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
I got a kick out of barefoot bobby on stage at several of his solo shows. But according to Bobby, you will not catch him dead in a tie dye (I thought I've seen a pic or two of him with a tie dye, maybe when the Lithuanian basketball team's tie dye uniforms were donated by the Grateful Dead ??)
You can catch SpunBob Shortpants wearing a Madonna T-shirt, and daisy dukes, though!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds