• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Barefoot at shows

#99258 2 years, 9 months ago
iraqistatefair wrote:
but the concern (by someone walking barefoot) should be if they can get a bacteria like staff infection.
I didn't want to out myself as a clean freak, but this is the first thing to come to mind when I see conversations like this. Maybe the women's bathrooms aren't shallow pools of piss, vomit and whatever else like the men's are? And whatever bad stuff is swimming around in there surely makes its way throughout the venue by night's end. I sometimes wonder if I should boil my sneakers after I leave a Furthur show.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#99261 2 years, 9 months ago
You put your shoes on if there is too much ick.

Grass can be dangerous because it conceals sharps, so i do wear shoes on grass. So I generally wear special dancing shoes at large outdoor venues where punctures may be a true concern.

on reflection, I realized that i must be very blessed because i am always at shows with a number of family around me that want to see me dance and they actually help keep the ground clear around me, as much as possible.

Last NYE was a bit tricky with the barefeet as we were on the rail and it got a bit tight on space for a minute there, but I pulled it off:)

I've done alot of DNB shows since Jerry died and my feet are prized and cherished at those shows, no question about that, love you David:)

i prefer barefeet because it allows the flow of energy between my body and the earth and heaven flow more easily
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, 23atwell
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#99262 2 years, 9 months ago
PMoondancer wrote:

i prefer barefeet because it allows the flow of energy between my body and the earth and heaven flow more easily

i'm surpised it took this long for this too show up on the thread!
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder

#99263 2 years, 9 months ago
PMoondancer wrote:
I've met a few barefoot hikers who claim they can hike more miles because the earth returns energy to them. Makes perfect sense to me.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#99265 2 years, 9 months ago
Exodus
2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
3 And Moses said, I will now turn aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.
4 And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
5 And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by PMoondancer .
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#99266 2 years, 9 months ago
maybe there feet get less tired casue their not wearing heavy boots! probably take some time to build up those calluses though ouch! do they do this with packs too or just casual hikes? that's pretty intense!
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder

#99287 2 years, 9 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
do they do this with packs too or just casual hikes? that's pretty intense!
Both. Day hikers and backcountry backpackers.
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#99308 2 years, 9 months ago
I have to wear shoes, or hiking boots cuz I sprain my ankle really easily.. Besides. stepping in spilled beer, puke, lit cigarettes and bathroom floors, just isn't my cup of tea.
brownie710
Junior Boarder

#99313 2 years, 9 months ago
I had in the past but in 98 or 99 at a show my friend stepped on some poor girl's colostomy bag that had fallen on the floor. Never again did any of my crew dance without shoes.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#99399 2 years, 9 months ago
watch where you step!!!
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds