• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
godblessthefreaks
Fresh Boarder
Shine On

you have mail....from phil lesh

#9895 3 years, 3 months ago
howdy freaks! i did some spring cleaning of my email account and re-discovered this.phil did a neat email q&a a few years back. i sent my question in and a few days later checked my mail.it was awesome to see an email alert from sender-phil lesh.thought i would share,here it is

Subject: ASK-PHIL
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 14:30:48 -0500
happy holi-daze.i hope all is well with you and your family.
first off, thanks for even taking the time to "shed some light". with both your answers and your music.
my question for you , what musician\band would you recomend we listen to? im not talking about some obscure jam band or some up and coming band. i mean something from the roots and history of music. something we would have no reason to pick up unless we were turned on to by someone. a friend just turned me on to townes van zandt. he was pretty obscure to me and no one in my circle of friends had a clue of who he was,but damned if i wasnt blown away!
so, any suggestions?
i saw you on your last tour(buffalo) and you were grinning from ear to ear. im glad the music still does that for you,as it does to me. i will see you down the road. shine on!!
GOD BLESS THE FREAKS

Hey Matthew;

Right now I'm listening to the Bill Evans Trio live from the Village Vanguard from a box set of Riverside recordings. These guys (Bill, piano; Scott LaFaro, bass; Paul Motian, drums) play the most gorgeous telepathic jazz music, and I'm just drinking it in.

Hope you enjoy,
- Phil
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack Jones, decree
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds