• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Bill Graham is rolling over in his grave

#98791 2 years, 6 months ago
hey hey wits i will not tolerate any ableism in this forum
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#98793 2 years, 6 months ago
ok people, i'm pulling out the vile of liquid... open wide (it's a 2 drop minimum). there ya go, that's good. very soon the entire forum will be feeling peaceful and euphoric. the band will play (they'll even take requests)... we will dance, laugh and smile... and this little Thursday morning spat will soon be a distant memory.
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#98795 2 years, 6 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
teafortexas wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
Just one reply from me in this thread...while WITS can be abrupt at times, I think all of you need to get a grip. Do you know that ANYONE can sign on to a message board and say hey, Im an elder, Ive been doing so and so since 19la dee da...
Do you always just give your respect to people you have no clue of who they really are? Thats a little scary.

My opinion is I knew it was the end of GDTS when Ruby left...that's when it all changed.
It is about the all mighty dollar.. I personally have already paid for Bobby's kids to go to college and they aren't even of age yet.
That's why we are not going on this tour. Im tired of paying out the ass for these shows. We are doing NYE because of all the years we've been on the bus, this is the first time we've been able to pull it off. I am choosing to spend my/our money on other things.. I didn't pay this much to see Jerry and he was well worth it..

As you were with your cult/elder weirdness...

good day

Well thank you for gracing us with "just one reply" That's all anyone deserves on this topic in your opinion, right?

If you approached his post (or any other one for that matter) with such a high level of cynacism about who is behind it, I feel sorry for you. What's it take before you beleive what someone is saying is true? Give the guy the benefit of the doubt. His recounting of his experiences seemed pretty authentic to me - but I wasn't reading it for the purpose of evaluating whether he was who he said he was.

I guess we can agree to disagree on respect for people who are older and often times wiser than us. Some think they know it all and older folks are out of touch. Respect for or elders is not cultish or wierd - Western culture has a delincing respect for those who came before us and this truth is no more evident than reading your post. Have a conversation with a Native American and see what kind of value they place on their elders. Oh wait....it wouldn't matter because you would doubt they were who they said they were.

I do agree with you about pricing out the most dedicated of fans. Whether intended by the band or not, there are quite a few fans who just can't pay the freight. My suspicion is that there are quite a few hands out which is why the prices are the way they are. We all know that Jerry kept touring after Brent died out of an obligation to the people and families that made up GDE. It's a shame that business and little else is what makes the world go round these days.

First, I said it would be the one reply by me.. and now I have to reply again because of your nonsense. I said no such thing about how many times anyone else could or should reply on the subject.
Second, I do resepect my elders.. when I know who they are and they have earned my resepect. Jerry Sandusky is older than me so I guess I should respect him too by your definition right? Yeah, didn't think so...
Third, I am part Native American, on my Mother's side. Respecting someone on the internet just because they say they are my elder is cultish and weird.. but have at it if you want.. Ive been around a while.. I have learned.. not to trust anyone furthur than I can throw them...and just because someone is older, does NOT mean they are wiser.. if you go through life believing that, then I'll check back with you in 20 yrs and see where you're at in life...
I dont take kindly to people jumping on my husband because of a couple of posts...I don't give a flying fuck who this guy is.. but saying shit like he's drunk, stuff him in a barrel, and so forth becuse of his opinion is not gonna fly with me... it his thread, if you dont like what he has to say then stay the fuck out of it..

Weird. I think you are focusing on semantics and not the spirit of my statements. Sure there are exceptions to every rule and I agree that we should respect those people that have earned it. But to recount an experience of someone who lied about seeing shows that never existed and then apply that as a de-facto reason to not ‘be open’ to older heads because you don’t ‘know’ them is…well…sad. Good luck with that philosophy of life. I am sure it has served you well so far.
Whatever though. I just think you lit up a guy that had a chance to be someone who could have earned your respect because of his contributions to the community. He was giving you an opinion and then you labeled him a ‘bailer’ all because of YOUR personal issues with GDTS and the money that’s changing hands. My point – keep it classy.

OK. I just read what this has devolved into and I want no part of it. This place really sucks sometimes.....sigh. I'm done.
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by teafortexas.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#98796 2 years, 6 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Walmart shopping fatties ^^

Um our pics are on the site chump. When we were attending Red Rox.. why don't you get your wife to post? oh thats right your still a virgin... maybe I can set you up with Shakedown Steve. You BOY went on the attack... I invite all to go back and reread the thread.. we never addressed you till you came out with name calling thinking you could hide because "the mob" was attacking.. and as Jen said only a really small man has to put up his stats online to try to "win" a pissing contest. I'm now guessing your 5'1'' . Oh and we have met IRL people on this board and have had nothing but positive experiences... has anyone met Muhhamed "Dire Wolf" Douche? I thought so.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#98798 2 years, 6 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Fart poop chicken noddle soup but monkey far no quarter munchkin dirt licker buttfor antagonizing you too is too much entertainment Ive gotten run for a bit..see ya at the shows big boy

HAHAHA thanks for making my case.
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#98799 2 years, 6 months ago
wrong again smarty pants... I had no such discussion with this person.. I didn't light him up, and I wasn't the one with the issue with GDTS.. maybe you should re-read before you hit submit.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#98807 2 years, 6 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
Just one reply from me in this thread...while WITS can be abrupt at times, I think all of you need to get a grip. Do you know that ANYONE can sign on to a message board and say hey, Im an elder, Ive been doing so and so since 19la dee da...
Do you always just give your respect to people you have no clue of who they really are? Thats a little scary.

My opinion is I knew it was the end of GDTS when Ruby left...that's when it all changed.
It is about the all mighty dollar.. I personally have already paid for Bobby's kids to go to college and they aren't even of age yet.
That's why we are not going on this tour. Im tired of paying out the ass for these shows. We are doing NYE because of all the years we've been on the bus, this is the first time we've been able to pull it off. I am choosing to spend my/our money on other things.. I didn't pay this much to see Jerry and he was well worth it..

As you were with your cult/elder weirdness...

good day

Just wanna say we should respect our elders, and children and every bloody person in between.

Ain't no time to hate anyone. Not during holiday time, not ever.

I think (hope) we all agree nobody set out to hurt anyone. Time to move on. I too have a meeting I need to sleep thorough. ZZZZZZZZZzz

Sorry Scarlet, I respect those who have EARNED my respect.. I dont care if you are 500 yrs old..if you are a jerk I dont respect you.. if you pop up on a message board and start saying this and that.. Im not going to believe every word that comes out of your mouth.. I hope you all dont teach your kids to respect anyone who says they are older than you.. no wonder so many kids go missing and are dead.... look what their parents are teaching them.. yes, this old guy popped up on my IM and said I needed to respect him because he was my elder. He said he knew you mom.. and that I needed to go to his house... DUMB!!

Certainly no reason for anyone to apologize for their beliefs Jen. I agree that respect needs to be earned, but perhaps worded differently we should respect everyone, rather treat them with respect -- unless they give us a reason not to. And yes, don't trust everything you "read" on the internet. Also, in general it's not fair to judge anyone based on one incident. We all have bad days, shit happens.

But most of all, Jerry Sard.... the kiddie rapist..... is a great analogy. He's in the piece of shit hall of fame in my book. And he ain't getting out in my book. But I will admit in the back of my mind he's innocent until proven guilty. Still I would not let my daughter anywhere near that piece of shit.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Slewfoot
Junior Boarder

#98811 2 years, 6 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i think it's kind of funny that people still don't realize the public sale has not even occurred yet!!!!

only suckers pay more than face value

Well, I hope you have a laser-like internet connection because there are only 300 seats per night (Beacon) available in tomorrows public sale. Everything went MO, Front Gate presale and the majority today in TM's presale.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#98813 2 years, 6 months ago
My point – keep it classy.

I respect your opinion. I tried. I am not in the wrong .. go back and read Dire Wolfs posts... neither I or Jen addressed him at all and he comes out swinging calling us names .............. I responded. Just like a little kid hiding behind a computer/daddy.. he/she I'm leaning toward she. would never have the balls to say half the shit he said to my or Jens face. I'll gladly meet her anywhere... classy is not in Dires vocabulary.. she never made it past see spot run.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#98817 2 years, 6 months ago
my laser like internet got me everything i needed through frontgate. looks like i'll always go to work when i need to order tickets from now on.

300 sounds way too unreasonable. i was thinking 4-5 times that number. half for presales (2), and the other for general online/box
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds