• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

Wang or Wanee???

#98221 2 years, 8 months ago
If you had to choose between going to see Furthur at the Wang and Oakdale OR going to the Wanee Festival which would you choose? I have never been to Wanee and I am ashamed to say it but I also have never seen the Allman Brothers live
What to do????
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: Wang or Wanee???

#98226 2 years, 8 months ago
seriously come up to the northeast...allmans live now just ain't the allman brothers
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob, Island Head
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#98228 2 years, 8 months ago
Seriously, the Allmans are a nice side act to all the other great bands at Wanee. Waiting for the line up, but come on down. The place is magical.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#98230 2 years, 8 months ago
Bakes wrote:
Seriously, the Allmans are a nice side act to all the other great bands at Wanee. Waiting for the line up, but come on down. The place is magical.

maybe im just done going to festivals (except vibes) but i always have more fun doing stuff around a city or region and taking in a few choice nights of music from my favorite band than dealing with the shit-shows that festivals have turned into in the last few years. call me crazy but a fine steak or piece of pizza that's not out of the back of truck is very appealing these days and a walk through a museum, park, or stay at an old friends house is more enjoyable than sitting under an easy up watching trash pileup in the campsites around me
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#98231 2 years, 8 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
seriously come up to the northeast...allmans live now just ain't the allman brothers

I completely agree on festivals, but I must beg to differ on the Allmans, with all due respect. They've still got 2 of the greatest guitar players of all time, a combo that can't be surpassed, backed by a top caliber rhythm section and a man with a new liver who can still make the Hammond B3 sing!!

Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bakes
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#98232 2 years, 8 months ago
if i didnt know better i'd say you were singing the praises of Furthur!!

dont know why but the allmans never tickled my funny bone the way the dead did....though they are all amazing musicians
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Dire Wolf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Bakes
Platinum Boarder

#98239 2 years, 8 months ago
I'll call ya crazy. If you've never been to Spirit of the Suwannee, you don't know our little secret. I guess that negative attitude is best left at home

Edit: Suwanee festival goers IS Family.

Dire Wolf wrote:
Bakes wrote:

maybe im just done going to festivals (except vibes) but i always have more fun doing stuff around a city or region and taking in a few choice nights of music from my favorite band than dealing with the shit-shows that festivals have turned into in the last few years. call me crazy but a fine steak or piece of pizza that's not out of the back of truck is very appealing these days and a walk through a museum, park, or stay at an old friends house is more enjoyable than sitting under an easy up watching trash pileup in the campsites around me
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Bakes.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#98243 2 years, 8 months ago
Bakes wrote:
I'll call ya crazy. If you've never been to Spirit of the Suwannee, you don't know our little secret. I guess that negative attitude is best left at home

Edit: Suwanee festival goers IS Family.

Dire Wolf wrote:
Bakes wrote:

sorry i guess i dont make the grade and im not up to par with your high standards!! guess im not a member of your family boohoo...
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#98244 2 years, 8 months ago
^^^I can appreciate the feeling of community at a festival, and certainly having multiple bands to see, but for me those things are now far outweighed by the crowds, trash, dirt, heat and all of the other physical discomforts that I'd just rather not put up with any longer. More power to those that do, of course, but I'm with DW on this one, I'd rather shower indoors and hit a museum during the day before a show.

On another note, this Elizabeth Reed is freaking awesome!!! What kind of a deal with devil did Derek have to make to be able to finger pick an electric guitar like that??!! Seriously folks, give it a listen, it is a masterpiece!!!
Bakes
Platinum Boarder

#98249 2 years, 8 months ago
Like I said Dire, stay at home. High standards? I just don't like assholes at festivals spoiling the vibe.
Time to create page: 0.83 seconds