• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

Re: A Jerry Memory...

#98280 2 years, 9 months ago
Island Head wrote:
I was there also! I remember the roar was deafening when Jerry walked on Stage. This was the first show I ever taped. Taping wasn't allowed at the Wiltern so we had to sneak in the equipment. We were in the 15th row, Great memories!

I believe I was in about the 15th row, too. Something like that, but right of center. I remember the guy next to me was wearing a Sikh turban. Anyway, apart from the sentiment, I recall it being a primo show.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#98283 2 years, 9 months ago
Island Head wrote:
Not a day goes by that I don't think about Jerry.

jerry_2011-12-14.jpg

Ditto
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

#98285 2 years, 9 months ago
23atwell wrote:
I teared up when I saw hin sing shining star one time. He's the best. I miss him

I remember seeing the JGB at Universal Studios in Hollywood, which was on one side or another of 1990. Hmmm... now that I think of it maybe it was "87 or '88. Anyway, he opened with Shining Star. Just a terrific, heartfelt rendition (as always). And adding to it was the fact that the auditorium ceiling had this twinkling star effect. Yet another magical Jerry moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#98294 2 years, 9 months ago
crazy how people can be so damn kind and see the good in life and eachother. fucking grateful
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , 23atwell
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#98330 2 years, 9 months ago
Thank you! I was living in Eugene when the Dead came around that summer of '87 and I remember during Gimme Some Lovin' everybody screaming "We're so glad you made it" I'll never forget it, either. Blessed family, one and all.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds