• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Roadtripper
Junior Boarder
Deadicated shamanic dreamer

Re: If Phish can Webcast its NYE run why can't Furthur

#98272 2 years, 9 months ago
I respect all your opinions and love you but Dont be fooled by false truths it wouldn't be the live experience. It has always been and still is about connecting as a community and if half of the community stays home in front of their computer what is left. I think WLewis hit the nail on the head. Leave the E entertainment tp Phish and lets go Furthur with a connedted community with brothers and sisters you can touch, smell and look in the eye.
The turmoil of today has caused me to reevaluate my values .I dont want to be a part of the collective nightmare in mainstream society. I want to be with people that embrace my dreams and offer me hope. And believe in a world where all living beings live in peace love and harmony. Thank you Furthur Family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
Chester
More or less in line

#98278 2 years, 9 months ago
We are all experienced. I love being at a live show. It's an all encompassing energy ride through the cosmos,
with the vibes passing back and forth from the audience to the band, and back. Absolutely nothing could
ever compare with, or replace that experience. In this instance though, the Beacon theatre, there are many
thousands of people who, for many different reasons, wont be making those shows. Some are too far away.
Some are low on funds. Some are at a point in their lives, where they can't physically make the journey. And
some maybe just couldn't get tickets before they sold out. So, with the place sold out, wouldn't it make sense
to offer a replacement to being there for those who wish it? The band will still have 2800 plus people in the
place to complete the circle of energy. And those that can't, will be able to witness a piece of it. I know, for
me, it could never replace that live experience that I love so much. But it would make me very happy to be
able to watch it from home, when I couldn't make it in person. Sorry for rambling.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, SunshineSue, Roadtripper, doodahman66
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#98281 2 years, 9 months ago
Roadtripper wrote:
I respect all your opinions and love you but Dont be fooled by false truths it wouldn't be the live experience. It has always been and still is about connecting as a community and if half of the community stays home in front of their computer what is left. I think WLewis hit the nail on the head. Leave the E entertainment tp Phish and lets go Furthur with a connedted community with brothers and sisters you can touch, smell and look in the eye.

I hear what you're saying, and there's nothing that makes me happier than being at a show and being with all of the folks there. The community is a critical element of the whole. But I'd also like to be a part of every show, and hearing it live, for me, is a much more fulfilling experience than listening to a recording later. The problem is that I don't have the financial resources, or at this point in life, even the physical and emotional stamina to go to every show, no matter how willing the spirit is. And if there's a way with modern technology to virtually get me to that show, I want to be there, more than I can possibly express in words.

It's not so much a matter of choice as it is a matter of life's realities. I've also found out over the last 6 months what a powerful and enjoyable community experience listening to and talking about a show on the internet can be. Certainly it's a second choice, but I feel a very real bond with the folks that are listening to a stream together, in very much the same way I do with those near me in a live audience. So I guess my feeling is, please let me be a part of all of the shows, even if I can only physically get to a small number of them. From a community standpoint I think it only broadens and strengthens it, and even from a business standpoint I don't think it would be a major hit on ticket sales, especially if they want to keep playing 3000 seat venues, which I like to see them in. It's the same as it's always been, I can never get enough!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Chester, ecojaded, Terrapin Sedation, doodahman66
Big Ralph
Junior Boarder

#98289 2 years, 9 months ago
for you younger folks,its a great idea if they would do it...probaley a little late to do this year.As for me,3am I haven't seen in many a year(THANK GOD)
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#98299 2 years, 9 months ago
as already stated by wlewis, it's not a matter of "can or can't". i think it's still in the category of "don't want to". my gut tells me there are legal issues that the band is still exploring with regard to concert streaming. i could be totally wrong, but that's my hunch.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#98318 2 years, 9 months ago
Roadtripper wrote:
nonsense half the comunity wants to be there but cant fit inside.id go to everyshow if i could but i cant afford too for starters and i have other comitments that prevent me from dropping everything and traveling to all of them so i will still go to the ones i can and iwould pay to see the others,so in reality they would be getting evenmore money from than normal and they can chrage whatever they feel is right.i'll turn down the light push the table out of the way crank up the surround sound and dance with my wife in the livingroom sending all my good vibes out there for all to enjoy
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, Roadtripper, doodahman66
Chester
More or less in line

#98324 2 years, 9 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
as already stated by wlewis, it's not a matter of "can or can't". i think it's still in the category of "don't want to". my gut tells me there are legal issues that the band is still exploring with regard to concert streaming. i could be totally wrong, but that's my hunch.

I thought about that issue too. I think they are aware that a stream of this type, could be captured, in hi resolution,
hi def audio, so they may be afraid it would cut into post concert sbd sales, and downloads. I know it can be done.
I don't have the know how, but copies would probably end up circulating around pretty quickly. On the other hand,
Phish figured that part out, and pretty much let the fans have the show. That cuts into post concert sales, but can
be at least partially made up in the pay per view revenue. And as I mentioned previously, Phish has their own crew,
which cuts down on production costs.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds