• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Re: If Phish can Webcast its NYE run why can't Furthur

#98077 2 years, 4 months ago
Wow..my brain works in slow motion... at least it still works.. there was also a nationwide live radio broadcast on 12-31-90 (with Branford... man that was a LONG night on the east coast.....
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#98109 2 years, 4 months ago
i don't think it's a matter of can and can't.

they know that our direct participation and exchange of energies with them is what makes these concerts what they are. hopefully they are waiting to make us watch them on an internet webcast until we absolutely have to, when they aren't announcing 11 night mini runs in 2 week spurts
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#98115 2 years, 4 months ago
Yes, that exchange of energy, IMO, is the essence.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
derek92
Junior Boarder

#98136 2 years, 4 months ago
Furthur DVD
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#98198 2 years, 4 months ago
Chester wrote:
I know 83 would like it. Honestly, if they could do it on Iclips, and keep the cost down to 5 or 6 bucks a night,
Yeah I could do that.
you could get some friends together have a party and split the cost
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#98201 2 years, 4 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i don't think it's a matter of can and can't.

they know that our direct participation and exchange of energies with them is what makes these concerts what they are. hopefully they are waiting to make us watch them on an internet webcast until we absolutely have to, when they aren't announcing 11 night mini runs in 2 week spurts
poppycock while i agree the energy exchange is cool and all its not the only thing lots of the older fans cant travel anymore due to family ,work commitments,health etc and lots of younger fans have a hard time with ticket prices,in these days of environmental concern i would think saving all that carbon emmissions/fuel being consumed in travel back and forth to shows would help tilt the scales in favor of broadcasts, people can still attend the beacon showbut the rest who cant make it or couldnt get tickets could also share in the joy,BTW the energy isnt confined to the building its out in the universeif ya want to get all cosmic dude
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: doodahman66
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#98208 2 years, 4 months ago
^^^Yeah, I'm not sure how adding an internet audience along with the live audience (not in lieu of, certainly) would negatively affect the energy level of the band or the energy exchange between the band and the audience. It seems like having more people experiencing the show at the same time would only increase the overall energy level.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Chester, doodahman66
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#98264 2 years, 4 months ago
83- you're right aside from the energy in the room who knows what they're trying to or knowingly tapping into and receiving. i will have my mind wrapped around that one up thru NYE. hell, probably every show i attend from here on out. thanks!

sue- i don't know where you got the idea about any negative energy, you threw that one in yourself.

i guess what it comes down to is my dislike of those things, including the TRI. they never work on my computer very well and the trouble shooting never helps. nothing ever gets solved through tech support. i am not hip to this stuff even though i'm young i'm pretty technologically challenged, by choice (too much deprogramming). i normally don't worry about it because i'm at the show but i can see why some would like them. if i revamped all of my equipment to run it properly i'd enjoy those.

on the other side of this, if this was something they were doing, it could directly affect their ticket sales. if it was readily available i can already see there are some of you wouldn't even think about buying tickets because you could do it at your home through a computer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#98267 2 years, 4 months ago
wlewis wrote:

sue- i don't know where you got the idea about any negative energy, you threw that one in yourself.

No, I wasn't referring to "negative energy", but negatively affecting the energy, i.e., a webcast wouldn't decrease the band's or audience's energy. I'm really not trying to argue any point here other than I'd like to see more webcasts of live shows, because I have had good technical and entertainment experiences with the ones I've seen, like the Mickey show last night. That's all.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#98268 2 years, 4 months ago
i didn't imply it'd have either effect. i assumed it wouldn't have one.

they play live concerts for people in theaters/arenas/wherever

i guess it's hard for me to see the internet as one but clearly it is
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds