• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
deadegad
Gold Boarder

Re: There was smoking !!! Kept DL

#98240 2 years, 4 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
Ahh funny stuff.

I was at the BB theater. It is a venue that is located underneath another venue on the street level that had "The Lion King" playing a full NYC affluent house upstairs.

I could imagine ........OMG What is tha smell hunny.....lol hilarious. Coming back from set break riding the escalators down it was like entering a dense fog. I smelled some D's never did find any-only regret of that NYC trip

The NY Post had a funny article and title for the problem of pot smoke wafting from BB into the Lion King and the next night at BB they had a small Lion King doll on an amp!
deadegad
Gold Boarder

#98241 2 years, 4 months ago
deadegad wrote:
ecojaded wrote:
Ahh funny stuff.

I was at the BB theater. It is a venue that is located underneath another venue on the street level that had "The Lion King" playing a full NYC affluent house upstairs.

I could imagine ........OMG What is tha smell hunny.....lol hilarious. Coming back from set break riding the escalators down it was like entering a dense fog. I smelled some D's never did find any-only regret of that NYC trip

The NY Post had a funny article and title for the problem of pot smoke wafting from BB into the Lion King and the next night at BB they had a small Lion King doll on an amp!

Here's link to the article:

www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/item_EiLSRH9QofYVmdhsy5opII
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#98254 2 years, 4 months ago
Wow - so this has been the case since 07. Funny.

The Theater should charge extra when we are downstairs....lol
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
theuch24
Junior Boarder

Re: No Smoking?

#98277 2 years, 4 months ago
haha thanks everybody for posting! My only show was about a month ago at the Murat in Indianapolis, and i kept telling my buddies to bring the grass inside because there's usually too many people smoking in the theater that the Security can't do anything about it, they left their grass in the car, and were going to go out for set break, knowing the roots, i brought mine in, got it passed security got my pack of cigarettes and when the lights went off my buddies were shocked to smell that everybody was smoking, me with my one hitter and my grass was just lighting up (: Usually the security really can't do anything about it, I light up my cigarettes and jammed the whole night. There was another show below us in the egyptiian room and the people from that show came up and smoked with us (: During set break people were smoking in the lobby! (: Felt like i was in the 70s (: Finally a place where i can light up inside and not have to worry about getting kicked out (:
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#98428 2 years, 4 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i consider myself a discrete smoker at shows. i carry a small one hitter or very small chillum type glass piece. i take a few tokes at a time depending on the show maybe more maybe less. i do the old crouch, cup the hand over the flame, corner it so the thing is not smoldering with clouds of smoke billowing around my seat. i never have a problem. i've seen people get busted next to me for smoking as i'm taking a whack unnoticed. might as well leave your rolling papers at home.

dude this is like exacly what I do, except I usually have my metal bullet since it holds a lot and I usually don't even have to refill it, but if I'm going to NYC where I know they have metal detectors and I'm likely to be selected for a "random search" (like at RCMH) I bring a glass chillum.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#98586 2 years, 4 months ago
ecojaded--the lion king thing was hilarious i was doing a lot of those 2007 nokia shows from the phil a thon and i remember reading the article online the next day about the marijuana smoke seeping through into the lion kind offending many patrons. there was a sense of pride from that one.

theuch24--hey man, just a heads up, almost no venues allow you to leave the premises during setbreak and return. only one i can think of off the top of my head was hard rock in vegas. had time to run up to the room and rock out and get back in a timely manner. you're lucky they didn't look in your cig pack, that's almost always the first place security will check on me. also, when you light up a cigarette indoors, think of the others around you
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds