• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
theuch24
Junior Boarder

No Smoking?

#97947 2 years, 8 months ago
I was listening to the show from the best buy theatre and there was an announcement that there was no smoking in the building, hahahaha did anybody really follow that rule or did they just smoke?! Shoulda said "Light up or leave me alone"
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: No Smoking?

#97964 2 years, 8 months ago
they were strict on it but it wasn't as bad as Radio City. It was GA and the security would actually make a run through the floor when the lights went out, telling everyone to put it out or get kicked out. People still smoked but if they noticed they would shine a light on you as another sewcurity guard went down, sometimes they wouldn't come down if you put it out. There was definitley less smoking then usual and they definitley wern't turning a blind eye.

I didn't see anyone get kicked out of Best Buy for it, but I saw many people get kicked out of Radio City.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by MushroomMan.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#97980 2 years, 8 months ago
I saw The Allmans at The Beacon and NO SMOKING so lets hope it was more like Madison where they mostly just scared you with the light bright to put it out. Has ANYONE been To Wallingford or the Wang in Boston? Curious about those venues as well.
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#97985 2 years, 8 months ago
No smoking for cigarettes is a good thing ... smoking weed is easy to do unnoticed...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: bow4bass
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#97987 2 years, 8 months ago
rockinbob wrote:
I saw The Allmans at The Beacon and NO SMOKING so lets hope it was more like Madison where they mostly just scared you with the light bright to put it out. Has ANYONE been To Wallingford or the Wang in Boston? Curious about those venues as well.

Wallingford was a smoke fest the first 2 times Furthur played there, real chill security
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#98108 2 years, 8 months ago
i consider myself a discrete smoker at shows. i carry a small one hitter or very small chillum type glass piece. i take a few tokes at a time depending on the show maybe more maybe less. i do the old crouch, cup the hand over the flame, corner it so the thing is not smoldering with clouds of smoke billowing around my seat. i never have a problem. i've seen people get busted next to me for smoking as i'm taking a whack unnoticed. might as well leave your rolling papers at home.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: skyties
Grateful_Hiker
Junior Boarder
Singing and dancing down the trail...

#98148 2 years, 8 months ago
They don't really like smoking or recording at the Wang so you need to keep it on the down low. Saw Deep Purple there back in June (scratch them off the list of bands I gotta see) security was hassling a guy for recording and Ian Gillan stopped in the middle of the song and told security to FUCK OFF good times good times they lost their place in the song but the crowd had no problem helping them get back on track after that.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#98190 2 years, 8 months ago
rockinbob wrote:

yes many times...wallingford is an all-out smoke-out. and boston is very stoner friendly...it is in mass after all but the wang is vintage historical landmark so smoking is handout depending on the show. its usually theater for ballet and plays and older gentler crowds ie. I just saw steely dan there. so keep that in mind but its a beautiful venue!!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#98193 2 years, 8 months ago
^^^ thats great love to hear bands do stuff like that.at the Guns and roses show sebastian bach was the opening act ,anyway some guy was causing trouble up front he stopped singing yelled to have the house lights turned on and he pointed to some dick and said"you think its cool to hit girls? well throw him the fuck out enjoy your nite in jail while the rest of us see axl say good bye everybody" at which point the crowd yelled "bye asshole" ,security dragged him out classic rock and roll concert moment
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

There was smoking !!! Kept DL

#98233 2 years, 8 months ago
Ahh funny stuff.

I was at the BB theater. It is a venue that is located underneath another venue on the street level that had "The Lion King" playing a full NYC affluent house upstairs.

I could imagine ........OMG What is tha smell hunny.....lol hilarious. Coming back from set break riding the escalators down it was like entering a dense fog. I smelled some D's never did find any-only regret of that NYC trip
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds