• Topics not covered in other forums.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Tebow Time!!

#109622 2 years, 7 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:
I just got this email from one of my genius buddies. I'm certain its being forwarded around, soon to be viral ??

Tebow threw for 316 yards

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

(I did confirm the yards and the passage, but that's about all I am able to confirm at the moment) - Scar1et_f1re

I can't believe he got 316 yards, it's just too spooky!! I'm sorry, but that's enough to get me hiding under the covers for the rest off the playoffs. No offense intended, but I don't even want to think about the number of sermons next Sunday that will point to that as a sign of divine support for the Broncos, not to mention the media field day. It's just a coincidence, of course, but it sure it a weird one!!

teboweyes.jpg

Ok I probably shouldn't be on this thread because I don't understand football. But this made me interested. I have no idea who Tim Tebow is or what team he's on but I had to see if this is true. And sure enough he did throw that many yards. And not only that but he set a NFL record with 31.6 yards per completion. Whatever that means....this is spooky!

I read it in an article from my local news website....
www.ksdk.com/rss/article/295831/6/Tim-Te...iraculous-316-stats-
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf, SunshineSue
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#109626 2 years, 7 months ago
Love him or despise him - he is the most polarizing 'entertainer' in quite some time. Even though I am not a fan of his 'pseudo prosthelytizing' he is a winner. Good thing I am not a degenerate gambler and bet the house on Pittsburgh......ouch!
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by teafortexas.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#109628 2 years, 7 months ago
and I must add nothing against his religion, I just have very strong opionions of him steaming from his college days.

(He was a Buckeye Killer)-sorry Sue can you belive that Urban Myer is coming to the Big Ten?

Although I think that the media Christ Hype is being blown out of out of proportion by them and fans alike.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#109632 2 years, 7 months ago
And it was 31.6 yds/completion, too?? I mean, OK, that just means he completed an even 10 passes, just another number. But still, that just adds to the weirdness.

Of more significance, I'd be questioning how you can win long term with a starting quarterback that only throws 21 times in a playoff game, and makes less than half of those. I don't care what he does with his feet, those numbers don't make for a great QB!

Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by SunshineSue.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#109651 2 years, 7 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
And it was 31.6 yds/completion, too?? I mean, OK, that just means he completed an even 10 passes, just another number. But still, that just adds to the weirdness.

Of more significance, I'd be questioning how you can win long term with a starting quarterback that only throws 21 times in a playoff game, and makes less than half of those. I don't care what he does with his feet, those numbers don't make for a great QB!

Leading the league in rushing yards helps with not relying on a lot of passng yards. I don't think he cares to be the "best" QB, I don't think he gives a crap about stats, I know a lot of players and fans do but stats don't mean anything unless you're playing fantasy football.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#109922 2 years, 7 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
I just got this email from one of my genius buddies. I'm certain its being forwarded around, soon to be viral ??

Tebow threw for 316 yards

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

(I did confirm the yards and the passage, but that's about all I am able to confirm at the moment) - Scar1et_f1re

So....if he throws for 666 yards, will he be the Antichrist?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#109939 2 years, 7 months ago
Only if he averages 66.6 yards per pass
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
aiko420
Junior Boarder

#110758 2 years, 7 months ago
I just want to know why you don't see him kneeling when he throws an interception, an incomplete pass or makes another kind of mistake. If he is truly here for the Lord he should be kneeling at those bad times... something like "Dear Lord, thank you for reminding me and my fans that I am only human, with faults and such. Thank you for showing me humility and that the good parts of my game are not divine intervention and without you, I would probably be doing the exact same thing. I understand that you are too busy with the other faults in our lives to be helping me out with football. In Jesus' name I pray."
Sometimes you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#111060 2 years, 7 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#111067 2 years, 7 months ago
B-Rad wrote: