• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Re: Ordering Tickets - Help a Newish member

#97893 2 years, 4 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
I agree 1 million %, it 's more about the scene than the music.

everyone is free to take whatever position they like, but didn't you intend to say the opposite? the scene is important and has always been an integral part of the music, but for me the music is always first.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#97959 2 years, 4 months ago
vayinafash wrote:
I did ticket master for this year's garden show. Figured I would try mail order for the Beacon shows - not sure why - maybe I thought it would be cheaper. I also wanted to try after hearing the interview on satellite radio. We will see how it goes. I went in with the expectation that I may not get tickets - but it is kind of fun trying. I had my son write the address on the envelope - he is pretty good luck - his two shows are 2010 second show at garden and this years show - all of his favorite songs - including a great shakedown at this year at MSG

your freshness and positivity REEKS of GOOD KARMA and as mail order is usually a crapshoot, im thinking you will definitely get tickets as good karma breeds more good karma, especially since 4/18 is a wednesday night,
also a good idea to back up your plan by buying a pair thru ticketmaster, if you are succesful, you stand a very good chance of selling extras at face the day of the show or thru message board

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!
gone are the days we stopped to decide, where we should go we just ride
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#97990 2 years, 4 months ago
When purchasing Internet tix, get to the faster computer you can. I usually buy mine off my work computer if I can swing it.

Also, make sure you register ahead so that they have your info and you don't have to worry about that stuff.

And in case you missed it.

vayinafash
Fresh Boarder

#98127 2 years, 4 months ago
Thanks for all of the information. A couple of follow up questions. Assume I mail order, and then to be sure buy through Ticketmaster before I hear from mail order. Can I cancel mail order?

Why do people dislike Stub hub?

Again thanks for the information. Regardless of whether we get tickets for the Beacon, the mail order is a fun process. We are also hoping for another MSG concert next November and will keep checking this site for updates. We really enjoy Furthur and hope they continue - we cannot wait to see how the music grows.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#98224 2 years, 4 months ago
vayinafash wrote:
That is a great question - how i got into Furthur. I actually do not know or cannot remember right now who told me about Furthur - interesting why this escapes me now.

I know how I got into the Dead. My favorite band has been the Clash. I had xm radio and used to listen to fungus 53 (the "punk station"). Serius acquired xm and fungus was taken off the air. I started listening to the grateful dead channel. I was taking guitar lessons and learned jack straw. I really got into the dead when I realized that the chords to J. Straw are the same as "Complete Control" by the Clash. It has taken off since then. Great melodies from the Dead with tremendous intensity. Thank you for allowing me to say "I" a lot. I think Furthur is great. To this new fan, it keeps the music alive and evolving. I have been thinking that Phil and and Bobby can no longer play, Furthur should continue with - it may take a while to find the right people, but as Phil said at the Garden, "it really is about the fans and the music." If that is true, then Furthur should go on, so others can continue to hear this music live and the music can evolve. I do not mean to start any arguments here. Just my impression as a newcomer to the scene. That is probably more than you asked for.

Back to how I heard about Furthur - "I was sitting with another attorney in foreclosure court waiting for a case to be called. Somehow I said "sometimes we ride on our horses, sometimes we walk alone" The other attorney provided the next line "sometimes the songs that we hear are just songs of own" - turns out he is a serious deadhead - too young to have ever seen the Dead - maybe he told me about Furthur.

an attorney who likes punk...NOW i have heard it all!!! welcome on the bus!
vayinafash
Fresh Boarder

#98348 2 years, 4 months ago
That is funny - I am not sure if you have had a diverse and full life, or need to get out more - lol

Do you know when we will hear about mail in order tickets for spring 2012 tour - specifically Beacon theatre?

Thanks
deadhed4life34
Junior Boarder

#98357 2 years, 4 months ago
hey brother, Welcome on the bus (~);}

i have been to 128 Furthur shows and i would stay away from stubhub because they completely rip you off. as for the mailorder, you wont know till about a few weeks before the shows and by then everything is sold out, if i were you i would get on TM if you can and if you have extra either give some1 a miracle or selling them for face value. i know that the 8 shows at beacon will go very fast. frontgate is furthurs ticketing service and i would go there for next tour and try if possible, i use TM since i got sold out of presale, its more surcharges but at least your at the show

hope to see you there
vayinafash
Fresh Boarder

#98418 2 years, 4 months ago
That seems like a pretty good strategy. I did ok on stub hub for my first show from an economic perspective - even with fees ended up paying less than face value - got pretty good seats too. When you say stub hub is a rip off - how so?

Right now, for April - I am willing to play the mail order game - if I get in great, if not, well it was fun and I can just think back to the Nov. MSG show. For the future, I will try what you suggest.
Thank goodness for the grateful dead station on satellite radio - so many ways to experience the music.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#98424 2 years, 4 months ago
Stub hub and ticketmaster all suck ass. Unfortunately I think mail order is becoming irrelevant because who wants to wait so late to find out if they have tickets for a show. I'm hoping for some tix to the Beacon run. Couldn't believe how fast shows sell out and how fast greedy pricks have them up on ebay. As for Pink Floyd (the David Gilmour Band) I saw them twice, once in Toronto in 1987 and once in Vancouver in 1994. They put on a good show but I thought musically Roger Waters was way better (saw him at the Kingswood in 1987 Radio K.A.O.S. tour). But them whaddoeyeknow.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#98429 2 years, 4 months ago
no, neither mail order or tmaster can be cancelled, you can most definitely sell extras if you get both orders and cant use them, possibly to me, tmaster goeson sale friday 10am, there is also a presale on live nation thursday
good luck
gone are the days we stopped to decide, where we should go we just ride
Time to create page: 0.74 seconds