• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Re: Ticketbastard presale for beacon?

#98370 2 years, 8 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
mcolleen wrote:
Website says Wang's presale started Monday...

not front gate that started on monday but a ticket master presale for wang before public sale on friday?

Check your PMs

I'd be interested in this info too... PM me if you gots the 411 please.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#98376 2 years, 8 months ago
Time to enlist the aid of family and friends. See if somebody will go to a ticketmaster outlet in person for you while you try the computer. Anybody actually in the city should try the venue box office, probably located at MSG, if not at the Beacon. And as somebody said, there may also be day of tickets available at the box office, day of show.

Here's my biggest ticket scoring achievement to date:

For NYE 1999-2000 I was happily awaiting ticket sales for the announced Hot Tuna show for that date at the Warfield. No sweat, I thought, easy in. At this time I am living waaaaay out in the middle of nowhere in Norcal with no home phone and no car. I sporadically check the GD hotline at the local rural, shot up by a shotgun, payphone when it is actually working (shot up when not working by those disgruntled who now have to drive 30 minutes into town to use the phone). Low and behold, I hear an announcement: former members of the GD and guests to play the Warfield NYE. WHAT!?!?!?!. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. SONOFABITCH, I thought, they forgot to book a venue, realized it was the millenium, and now have to piggy-back on this. Fine. The adrenalin rushed up in me in a huge wave. I hitchhike home, tell the old man the news, and say: I have to leave NOW if we are to have any chance at all of getting in. I hitchhiked out of there, and through a series of rides made it to Santa Rosa, about a 4 hour drive, before nightfall. Got quick rides all the way, a miracle in itself. The next morning I was at the ticketoutlet early. Damn, two people in front of me already. Talked to them, they were there for two other shows. The guy running the machine knew what was up and punched out their tickets quick. He punched in two for me, I held my breath, and almost died when he said yup and the machine started printing. Two halfway up the balcony. Hardest ticket of the millenium! Thank you!

www.archive.org/details/rd1999-12-31.pre...miller.110232.flac16

I was already planning on being at the Warfield anyway for that night, but the rush of adrenalin I got, and boy was I focused, got me there like an arrow shot. Intrepid traveler, away!

Should Furthur ever play the Berkeley Greek, I hope to repeat the above performance.

So don't lose hope, just put your best into it!

(I found out later that the band had, before Jerry died, a standing booking for the Oakland Coliseum for NYE2000. When Jerry died of course the band members did not perform together for several years, and I believe the Grateful Dead as a corporate entity was officially terminated. Because of this termination the contract holding the venue had become null. At some point it was decided to get together for NYE for the millenium, but it came as a surprise that the venue was no longer available for their use, hence the change of venue. Ring, ring, ring,... "hello?" " hey Jorma, can we use your venue for a little date we have in mind? " I don't know how it went down, but Hot Tuna did open for the boys that night and played with them later on in the evening along with the other special guests. Glued to our seats for at least 8 hours. That's never happened before! And time went like the wind. Incredible! Left the venue to find out if the world had ended, and it was clear nobody cared a bit if it had. Big smiles all around! NYE had lived again for us!)
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Daisy Mae. Reason: audio add
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#98378 2 years, 8 months ago
MM and mccollen i got your PMs and responded
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Grateful_Hiker
Junior Boarder
Singing and dancing down the trail...

#98383 2 years, 8 months ago
Got a presale code for the Wang Theater..... Pm if you're interested but I'm not sure if it works for beacon as well because I got the email from being signed up to wang theater mailing list so still keep an eye out in case that code is different!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mosaic Man
Straws
Junior Boarder

#98431 2 years, 8 months ago
The first person to PM me a code for tomorrow's TicketMaster's pre-sale will win a huge prize!

Please - Pretty Please!!
Ride in the whalebelly, Fade away in moonlight, Sink beneath the waters, To the coral sands below, Now is the time of returning.
intense8
Junior Boarder
If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind

#98578 2 years, 8 months ago
Please PM me the Beacon code.....It will mean that the world will not end in 2012
Mosaic Man
Junior Boarder

#98579 2 years, 8 months ago
Looking for the beacon code as well... someone please pm and hook a brother up!
SamL67
Junior Boarder

#98582 2 years, 8 months ago
Presale code posted on both ratdog.org and philzone
Hefurthur

If you haven't been to the Beacon since the renovations, I definitely think the sound has improved. I was under the overhang in row W for Hot Tuna, and thought the sound was really good. Only far sides of orchestra and far sides/last 5 rows of upper balcony should be avoided..but given the tix demand, getting a tix, is getting a tix!

Good luck everyone..don't expect too many tixs available.

Sam L.
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by SamL67.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mosaic Man
intense8
Junior Boarder
If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind

#98584 2 years, 8 months ago
Thank you....The world will not end in 2012 as the Mayans predicted.
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds