• Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

26 years ago today - A fond look backwards-Hi Ya

#9764 3 years, 6 months ago
Hi Ya i ya Hi Ya kids can you here me? ..Phil before Do it in the road
Grateful Dead
04/07/85 (Sun) The Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA

Set 1: Why Don't We Do It In The Road > Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo > CC Rider, Bird Song, Dancing In The Streets, Deal

Set 2: Shakedown Street > Samson & Delilah, She Belongs To Me > Women Are Smarter > Drums > Gimme Some Lovin' > Truckin' > Smokestack Lightning > Morning Dew > Sugar Magnolia, E: Day Job

Easter Sunday one of my top 10 shows I ever was fortunate enough to attend. Ga floor at the Spectrum ..about 15 feet back Jerry side. Mic set up for Phil wohoooo he had just returned to singing. Spectgrum mid 80's insanity. They open with ..yes a Beatles cover ! I didn't even know they played this at the time this was pre internet kids. First set awesome including the ultra rare Dancin in the Streets and a smokin Deal (whole set killed).... set 2 WOW an all time top ten Shakedown>rippin Sampson >She Belongs to me ( first time I heard the gd do this - I knew I heard it before but couldn't place it at the time), danced festival Smarter>Insanity>Gimme some lovin ( another first for me was really feelin the "so glad you made it"--it was all fresh)...words don't do justice to the rest of the set sizzling... great Truckin.. LOVED the Smokestack> BIG FAT DEW> rocket fueled balls to the wall Philly mid 80's Sugar Magnolia. One of the last day jobs (we were all destroyed at this point) ... walked out covered in sweat like I just got outta the shower.... my god that was fun.. and in great dead fashion I thought they had nothing left for the last night of the tour 4/8..... boy was I wrong!!!!!
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

Re: 26 years ago today - A fond look backwards-Hi Ya

#9776 3 years, 6 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
Hi Ya i ya Hi Ya kids can you here me? ..Phil before Do it in the road
Grateful Dead
04/07/85 (Sun) The Spectrum - Philadelphia, PA

Set 1: Why Don't We Do It In The Road > Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo > CC Rider, Bird Song, Dancing In The Streets, Deal

Set 2: Shakedown Street > Samson & Delilah, She Belongs To Me > Women Are Smarter > Drums > Gimme Some Lovin' > Truckin' > Smokestack Lightning > Morning Dew > Sugar Magnolia, E: Day Job

Easter Sunday one of my top 10 shows I ever was fortunate enough to attend. Ga floor at the Spectrum ..about 15 feet back Jerry side. Mic set up for Phil wohoooo he had just returned to singing. Spectgrum mid 80's insanity. They open with ..yes a Beatles cover ! I didn't even know they played this at the time this was pre internet kids. First set awesome including the ultra rare Dancin in the Streets and a smokin Deal (whole set killed).... set 2 WOW an all time top ten Shakedown>rippin Sampson >She Belongs to me ( first time I heard the gd do this - I knew I heard it before but couldn't place it at the time), danced festival Smarter>Insanity>Gimme some lovin ( another first for me was really feelin the "so glad you made it"--it was all fresh)...words don't do justice to the rest of the set sizzling... great Truckin.. LOVED the Smokestack> BIG FAT DEW> rocket fueled balls to the wall Philly mid 80's Sugar Magnolia. One of the last day jobs (we were all destroyed at this point) ... walked out covered in sweat like I just got outta the shower.... my god that was fun.. and in great dead fashion I thought they had nothing left for the last night of the tour 4/8..... boy was I wrong!!!!!

Agreed! This is one of my favorites! I have fond memories of 1985 shows. How about Hershey Park 6/28/85, with the first set Comes A Time? The Merriweather shows, 6/30 and 7/1, Pittsburgh on 7/2, and in Sept., Oklahoma and the Red Rocks shows all stand out in my mind.

I was there, too! A truly great memory. I was an East Coast Head from 82 through 88, then moved out to San Francisco so I wouldn't have to travel so much to see lots of shows.
Without love day to day insanity's king
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

Re: 26 years ago today - A fond look backwards-Hi Ya

#9807 3 years, 6 months ago
Ed you must be my bratha from another mother. 1985 all time favorite year attended...summer of 85 was my personal summer of love. From the rain in hershey to Merriweather 85 (6-30-85 is my all time favorite ever attended) onto my homeotown of Pittsburgh....what a long strange trip.... Casey Jones in overflowing abundance... great great magic buses everywhere...Jerrys playing..well whole band unfin real.. onto fall for Halloween in SC (ayooooo) to the epicness of Richmond G-L-O-R-I-A.... Gone are the daze................
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds