• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Jorma's blog entry after Sat nights Beacon Show

#97474 2 years, 9 months ago
From Jorma's blog. I love how humble he is. Love this line "We are indeed brothers and sisters and it is good to be reminded of this. I thank you all"My friends (Tuna freaks) said sat night show was pretty good, but not killer. But they said Jack is still amazing. And I know they were missing Larry Campbell and Theresa Williams at the Ramble (the same night)

-----

From Jorma's blog, in Jorma's words jormakaukonen.com/cracksinthefinish/?p=1...p;utm_medium=twitter

--

After The Beacon Show Saturday night, we left post haste and drove home to Ohio. Didn’t get to the blog yesterday, but here it is… better late than never.

Firstly, the Fur Peace Ranch Family thanks the Rex Foundation for honoring us with a grant that allowed us with the help of Spencer Bohren to bring some much needed and appreciated musical education to our beloved Appalachian hills and hollers. The folks at the Rex Foundation have indeed dedicated themselves to good works, and we are honored to be a part of their family! I also need to thank my wife, Vanessa. She gives substance to my dreams in a way that would never have happened without her. I’m certainly no angel, but in the more grown up part of my life, I try to take the higher moral ground whenever possible. Being human, this is certainly a progress not perfection event. Vanessa is never too timid to point out those moment when I’ve buried my head where the sun don’t shine. I am always reminded that though the paths are many, the way is indeed one!

With that thought in mind, I had some reflective and interesting experiences on this great New York weekend. You know, it is easy to take the stream of you own life for granted… I mean, that’s just the way it is. One walks through life one step at a time… one foot in front of the other. There are good times… tough times and well… just times. I’ve been a professional musician for almost my entire life. It’s not only what I do, it is a big part of who I am. One of my personal tasks is to try to keep my ego in check whenever possible. It would be fatuous and self serving for me to presume that what I do would have any real effect whatsoever on another’s life. That said, on both Friday and Saturday at the Beacon I spoke to many people who talked about the importance in their life of the musical community that Jack and I have been a part of for the last forty years or so. We are indeed brothers and sisters and it is good to be reminded of this. I thank you all!

Enough rambling… here is the set list for Saturday night.

December 10, 2011 The Beacon Second Night

First Set:
1. Jack comes out and plays… Barry and I come out and we join Jack and wind up with Mann’s Fate
2. Candy Man (Barry, Bromberg, Larry)
3. Fifty Dollar Wig (Bromberg, Charlie, Kimock,
4. I Wish You Would (GE… Kimock)
5. Angel Of Darkness (Larry And Teresa)
6. Smokerise Journey (Larry And Teresa)
7. Long Gone From Kentucky (GE, Larry, Charlie)
8. Sad And Beautiful World (Charlie, GE)
9. Children Of Zion (Larry, Teresa)
10. Driving Wheel (Bromberg, Nancy Josephson) Larry Pedal Steel, Teresa, GE, Kimock
11. Where Highway 61 Runs (Charlie, GE, Kimock… the gang ?)
12. Hit Single # 1
Second Set:
1. Mama Let Me Lay It On You (Larry… GE)
2. Mourning Interrupted (Larry)
3. Ode To Billy Dean (Charlie, GE, Kimock)
4. A Little Faster (Larry and Teresa, GE)
5. Things That Might have Been (Larry)
6. Tongue (Bromberg. Charlie, GE Kimoch)
7. Many Rivers To Cross(Kimoch, Bromberg, Larry, GE)
8. Bar Room Chrystal Ball (Larry, Teresa)
9. If This Is Love, I want My Money Back (Larry, Teresa)
10. If I Have Bad Luck (Charlie)
11. Been So Long
12. Christo Redentor (Charlie)
13. Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burning (Larry and Teresa)
14. Funky # 7 (The whole famdamily…GE, Bromberg)
15. Encore: Baby What You Want Me To Do

I would like to thank the following folks for their friendship and the sharing of their art:

Larry Campbell and Theresa Williams
Charlie Musselwhie
G.E. Smith
David Bromberg
Steve Kimock
Our core team:
Barry Mitterhoff
Skoota Warner
… and let me not forget my oldest friend, Jack Casady!

Thank you all! I love you more than words can say!

As for now… it’s great to be home for a bit. It’s cold… summer is definitely over, but our hearts are warm and life is good!

---

youtube vids added by me scar1et_f1re

!

FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Jorma's blog entry after Sat nights Beacon Show

#97580 2 years, 9 months ago
saw plenty of of jorma/jack / hot tuna shows love the acoustic stuff from them although hit single #1 is a smoker thanks for posting this
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds