• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

Beacon Theatre Suggestions

#97465 2 years, 10 months ago
Any suggestions where to stay cost effective and close to the Beacon.
Would it be wise to stay in NJ, and drive in or take a subway?
Seems like Hotels near the Beacon are hundreds of dollars, and that's not an option.
Last year, I stayed in Queens, near the queensboro bridge, and took a subway to MSG, and MCU Park.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Beacon Theatre Suggestions

#97468 2 years, 10 months ago
Try Expedia or AAA, if you've got a membership. It's early enough so that you should be able to get some pretty good deals for NYC.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#97476 2 years, 10 months ago
Thanks bud. I usually use Hotels.com or Expedia or priceline. I just thought maybe someone here might know of something, or have insider info that might be useful. I was also looking for transportation tips. If I am staying in NJ, should I drive to the shows, or take public transport? What is the parking situation around there?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#97480 2 years, 10 months ago
Queens is probably the most convenient while being close to the city. Just some area's near the "Ed Koch" (or Queensboro or 59th st bridge) are a little shady. if you find a good area in queens, preferably with free parking if you drove, that's probably best.

NJ, Westchester and Long Island should all also be fairly close and much more affordable than NYC. I am not familiar with a particular place to stay, but myself and others here should be able to help with areas.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#97481 2 years, 10 months ago
personally I wouldn't ever drive in NYC just because of the mass traffic and insanity it looks like just walking around there. A lot of people say its not that bad (I can't imagine so) and a lot of people take advantage of parking which is free after 6pm on a lot of streets. I don't know how hard it is to find a place or where or anything like that but for me I would never even consider it.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#97483 2 years, 10 months ago
anything within walking distance is going to be around $200 per night. (at least).
Delilajones
Junior Boarder

#97486 2 years, 10 months ago
anticipating good luck today-which we didn't have!- we researched and found Plaza 79 hotel right near the Beacon-shared bath 115/nite and standard 169/nite-walking distance to Beacon- hopefully we'll get tix Fri and a room here too & we can say Hi!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#97494 2 years, 10 months ago
Delilajones wrote:
anticipating good luck today-which we didn't have!- we researched and found Plaza 79 hotel right near the Beacon-shared bath 115/nite and standard 169/nite-walking distance to Beacon- hopefully we'll get tix Fri and a room here too & we can say Hi!

Very desirable neighborhood. Looks like a great find Tripadvisor says good things too. I'd reserve this if I were you, as long as you can cancel if necessary, and as long as you dojn't mind sharing the bath (or paying a bit more than the 115). Just note, in NYC hotel taxes are about 18%, so are taxes on parking (by the way).

So $115/ night = $135 a night with tax included. I THINK same rates apply in queens. here's a tax calculator.....www.littleviews.com/home/newyork/tips_and_taxes.cfm#chart

And tripadvisor review www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-...k_City_New_York.html
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
SamL67
Junior Boarder

#97516 2 years, 10 months ago
I live in NYC about a mile from the Beacon.
Anything under $200/nite in NYC is "cheap"
Make sure you check the Bedbug registry..it is a real problem in NYC
I would suggest looking on the upper west side, in the 90's/100's. You are about a 25-30 minute walk or a quick subway ride to the Beacon. 3 places that come to mind

Royal Park--97th st between west end and Broadway. I know peeps who have stayed there. One step above a hostel, but they were satisfied..and no bedbugs
Hotel Newton. On Broadway and 93rd I think
Hotel Marrakesh. I have heard mixed things about it, but worth a look. 101st and B'way I think

I know peeps who stayed at Plaza 79, and they liked it except for the fact that the rooms are very small. You are very close to Central Park too, and less than a 10 minute walk to the Beacon. There are a few reports of bedbugs, but nothing recent.

You can also go on www.yelp.com for NYC and put in hotels, then pick the one $, which are the cheapest.

If you find a place in another part of the city, keep in mind that the 1-2-3 subway stops 2 blocks from the Beacon.
Go to www.hopstop.com for public transportation directions
If anyone has any specific questions, e.mail me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

And the closest place to grab a beer (and some good ones), is the Amsterdam Ale House on Amsterdam Ave and 76th.
And if you want to splurge and go a nice place nearby for dinner, drinks, apps (very wife/date friendly), check out
Nice Matin (same owners of the "5 napkin burger", which you can get there).
www.nicematinnyc.com/

I love NY!!

Sam L.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by SamL67. Reason: more information
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaredlang
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#97519 2 years, 10 months ago
It seemed like I stayed at the Salsbury hotel for like 150.00 per night last spring . Nothing fancy, but clean and affordable.

may be wrong, but it seemed a lot cheaper then the others.

www.nycsalisbury.com
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds