• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

Furthur at Wanee?

#97388 2 years, 8 months ago
Word of a possible Furthur set at Wanee this year after the Beacon run. The Spirit of the Suwanee is an awesome place and I would love for the band to come down. Wanee is April 19-21. Anyone else this rumor. Allmans, Panic, 7 Walkers, and Furthur? Hell yeah! Show me some Suwanee love!
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

Re: Furthur at Wanee?

#97390 2 years, 8 months ago
Bakes wrote:
Word of a possible Furthur set at Wanee this year after the Beacon run. The Spirit of the Suwanee is an awesome place and I would love for the band to come down. Wanee is April 19-21. Anyone else this rumor. Allmans, Panic, 7 Walkers, and Furthur? Hell yeah! Show me some Suwanee love!

Don't know about Furthur, but I do know that Panic is taking a hiatus after their early 2012 shows, at least that's what they say.
Without love day to day insanity's king
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#97409 2 years, 8 months ago
I haven't heard the rumors but would welcome the news. I would much rather go see Furthur in Florida than at the Beacon. I hope they announce the Wanee lineup this week before Furthur tickets go on sale on Friday.

wanee.jpg
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Island Head.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bakes, deadontherivet
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#97423 2 years, 8 months ago
Hmm Furthur at Wanee would be nice but I think Bobby needs his rest before he starts his solo run.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Bakes
Platinum Boarder

#97438 2 years, 8 months ago
No rest for the weary. Working on new arrangements is the word from Bob, but one can only hope for Wanee! I need to see the lineup. It was stellar last year!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#97531 2 years, 8 months ago
they didn't do that this year. i remember after the spring tour ended a few folks went down to wanee that was starting up sometime within a week or 2. i went to asheville for panic.

looks like a good lineup though if furthur announced a slot i might toss a couple nights of the beacon and fly down there for it
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bakes, deadontherivet
Bakes
Platinum Boarder

#97548 2 years, 8 months ago
The line up should be announced this week sometime. Passed on early bird orices to wait for band announcements abd see what Furthur tour looked like. It should be soon.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder

#97552 2 years, 8 months ago
Maybe wishful thinking on my part. Full line up probably won't be announced until next year.
james wright
Junior Boarder

#97613 2 years, 8 months ago
Does this rumor come from trustworthy source?
"You can't quit the mob"-Ken Kesey
Kind_Head
Junior Boarder

#97618 2 years, 8 months ago
Do these rumors ever come from a reliable source??

lol.. My first Wanee was a few years ago and I will attend every single one until they stop doing it!

There was lots of talk about this on the Wanee forum last year... Most of the time I was the one building up all the hopes with the tour schedule conspiracies ect... It would literally be the best thing ever. SOS Music park is one of my favorite places on earth!

If widespread really does take their break.. and the park isnt flooded with spread heads I can see it happening. I can tell you for a fact that the past two years there was no way the park could have handled the furthur crowd on top of panic and the brothers. Its just not big enough.

I really hope it happens this year.. Wanee is my MUST GO TO festival every year. If you havnt been to this festival you have to go. You have never felt anything like the magic that happens in that park! It seems to change my life in very significant ways every time I go. It is Floridas best kept secret.. but it is rapidly growing and the intimacy is depleting.. so make it out there while you can! With acts like Lotus, Big Gigantic, and Particle last year kids are really starting to catch on!

But if you think youve ever seen warren play a good set.. you aint seen nothin until you see em at suwanee! All those southern boys really let loose when they are there.. its like home for them. Its like home for ME!! Shit!!
In the end theres just a song.. Its cryin' down the wind!
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds