• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
UnbrokenBrain
Fresh Boarder

Shakedown Street on NYE?

#97317 2 years, 8 months ago
My girl and I are flying out for NYE from VA and we were wondering what kinda lot scene there will be. Since the show is in the middle of the city we weren't sure if it was even possible. How do you San Fran heads do it out there?

P.S. What kinda awesome stuff should we do while in San Fran?? We're flying out the 30th and seeing the shows on the 30th and 31st and then seeing Primus on the 1st but we're staying till the 4th.
I'll get up and fly away, fly away...
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

Re: Shakedown Street on NYE?

#97320 2 years, 8 months ago
UnbrokenBrain wrote:
My girl and I are flying out for NYE from VA and we were wondering what kinda lot scene there will be. Since the show is in the middle of the city we weren't sure if it was even possible. How do you San Fran heads do it out there?

P.S. What kinda awesome stuff should we do while in San Fran?? We're flying out the 30th and seeing the shows on the 30th and 31st and then seeing Primus on the 1st but we're staying till the 4th.

Crissy Field...GGP. Hippy Hill drum circle on Saturday. also..710 and the Haight..the hallowed grounds from days gone by, but not forgotten...
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Bilbo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: UnbrokenBrain
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

#97330 2 years, 8 months ago
nye is a party plain and simple the vending is kinda low key no llke popups or anything but its pretty loose and as far as things to do my favorite thing is the fine dining there is great sushi and everything you can think of
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: UnbrokenBrain
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#97336 2 years, 8 months ago
BigBabyViper wrote:
nye is a party plain and simple the vending is kinda low key no llke popups or anything but its pretty loose and as far as things to do my favorite thing is the fine dining there is great sushi and everything you can think of

Love the food in that city from papuserias in Mission District to Giordono Bros. in North Beach (best sandwiches in the WORLD!!!). I have never had good luck finding sushi in the city, not for the lack of it but I just always end up pickin the wrong place, any good suggestions Viper?

Also check out Golden Gate Park, Amoeba records on Haight, Twin Peaks, City Lights bookstore in North Beach (home of the beats yo), and Dolores Park for a good place to chill out, soak in the sun an have a few brews.
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jk420, UnbrokenBrain
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#97460 2 years, 8 months ago
and it always seems to rain that week. So bring umbrellas....
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#97472 2 years, 8 months ago
The vending was there with one cool SF cop casually walking around just patrolling for open containers, that is all I saw.
I think that San Francisco's history is very Dead based so this is gonna be a great run.
It was a little wet outside after the show.
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#97484 2 years, 8 months ago
"P.S. What kinda awesome stuff should we do while in San Fran??"

Alcatraz was cool to check out, especially if you can get a night tour, which I didn't but I hear its a much better experience. It was still great during the day though
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#97487 2 years, 8 months ago
Go to north beach for some food, coffee, and deserts. And head to Chinatown dim sum!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#97490 2 years, 8 months ago
And its a little touristy but checkout boudin sourdough bakery for a lunch upstairs at the bar or grab a table and look out on the bay. Great food and some good cocktails...plus there's an in and out burger across the street
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#97507 2 years, 8 months ago
Back of Fort Mason>Hyde St. Pier Boat Museum>Fisherman's Wharf

Chinatown>North Beach>Broadway strip @ Kearny>Vallejo St. Stairs>Telegraph Hill>Coit Tower

A T & T Park, home of the Giants and waterfront promenade, not to be missed, especially for baseball fans>Public House

Berkeley>Berkeley Hills>on Euclid, Rose Garden, Cordonices Park>Concrete slide to the right of playground

Drive across GG Bridge to Marin County, head north on 101 to Sonoma County (about 1 hour), Mendocino County (3 hours). Beautiful drive up. Consult a map and strike west as the fancy takes you. Point Reyes, Bodega Bay, Jenner, Fort Bragg all great places to visit.

Head south on Highway 1 through wonderful San Mateo County towards beautiful and legendary Santa Cruz. Pass through Devil's Slide and hold your breath. Stop at the beaches along the way. At Santa Cruz take a ride up Highway 9 and visit the heartland of hippie California.

There will be some hanging out across the street in Civic Center plaza, but I hear the real party's gonna be at the Whitcomb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Time to create page: 0.87 seconds