• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
starchild
Fresh Boarder

Re: Hi from Israel

#10491 3 years, 6 months ago
it was a wonderful trip. came back from Israel, caught my 1st show at MSG 9/18/90 and then I was off to Cali during winter break for four nites in Oakland. it was a blast...
I rather be
A free man in my grave,
Than livin' as a
Puppet or a slave
deadahead
Junior Boarder
Music & Politics Don't Mix

#10521 3 years, 6 months ago
amazish wrote:
... Is this a good place for Phil to read the message? Phil, are you reading this? :]

Hi Amazish, welcome to the forums and greetings to you and all of the fans in Israel. These forums are new, but you probably know that. So far we have seen that Phil logs in every now and then. He has not logged in since March 29. They just finished their spring tour, and should be at home now catching up with their home-base routine again. I imagine we'll see Phil login again sometime in the near future.

Cheers...
"The Grateful Dead," Jerry Garcia explained, "don't really take positions; we're musicians, not politicians."
The following user(s) said Thank You: amazish
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#10526 3 years, 6 months ago
More Dead music in the Middle East! More free thought! That'll blow out all those tyrants!
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: amazish
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#10535 3 years, 6 months ago
We could aid revolutions by arranging air drops of CD's and all our unwanted Maxwell 2's and tape decks to various opressed communities around the globe. Imagine the protesters clapping or rebels marching in unison to a smokin '77 NFA blasting.
"if you don't like the news go out and make some of your own"
amazish
Junior Boarder

#10537 3 years, 6 months ago
...How great!
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#10549 3 years, 6 months ago
I might have gotten a little carried away there..but the premise is a good one..

amazish if you have a minute could you say a little about this surge of GD the stations are playing and the yearly GD celebration? Curious, here.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#10569 3 years, 6 months ago
sjfgreenman wrote:
We could aid revolutions by arranging air drops of CD's and all our unwanted Maxwell 2's and tape decks to various opressed communities around the globe. Imagine the protesters clapping or rebels marching in unison to a smokin '77 NFA blasting.

Actually I don't think you did get carried away. The Solidarity movement in Poland is often termed the "Velvet Revolution" because one of the resistance's main inspirations was the music of the Velvet Underground. Zappa was a major factor as well.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
sjfgreenman
Expert Boarder

#10583 3 years, 6 months ago
I'm sure Lou Reed loved that, a great example of the power of music. Here's a favorite quote.."The Deadheads are doing the dance of life and this I would say, is the answer to the atom bomb." – Joseph Campbell
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#10625 3 years, 6 months ago
Great quote, and a very great mind in Joseph Campbell.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
starchild
Fresh Boarder

#10634 3 years, 6 months ago
Equinox wrote:
sjfgreenman wrote:

Actually I don't think you did get carried away. The Solidarity movement in Poland is often termed the "Velvet Revolution" because one of the resistance's main inspirations was the music of the Velvet Underground. Zappa was a major factor as well.

I thought the "velvet revolution" was in czechoslovakia. that's why Vaclav Havel became a good friend of lou.
I rather be
A free man in my grave,
Than livin' as a
Puppet or a slave
Time to create page: 2.20 seconds