• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Listening to 4/1/2011 on archives right now

#9713 3 years ago
The song he's gone always makes me think of my best friend who shot himself two years ago. Sorry for the sad post, not looking for any symathy, just get all melancholy now when I hear this song. It's amazing how these songs mean so many different meanings to different people.
deadbeat427
Junior Boarder

Re: Listening to 4/1/2011 on archives right now

#9721 3 years ago
Probably one of the best things about Dead music is how people can use it in all areas of their lives both sad and happy! I'm very sorry to hear about your loss and hope you can find peace, love, and comfort through the music!
Make myself a bed by the waterside
In my time - in my time - I will roll roll roll
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#9730 3 years ago
Thats what I like about Hes Gone. A Head can dedicate personally to one of his friends. When I hear it now, I think of my buddy that partied WAY too hard and it caught up to him in january. Fucker passed out outside in -15 degree weather. But hey, the music helsp heal the wounds. Tahts why I love Dead Music more than Phish. While I like Phish, Phish to me is a party. Dead tunes is personal reflection time....
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#9731 3 years ago
music is very powerful like that associations made to certain people or times in ones life all to a certain song i can totally relate to ya CT
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Material St. John
Junior Boarder

#9739 3 years ago
I lost one of my best buddies in an avalanche this winter. He was a amazing Spirit--- we shared so many adventures, in the wilderness, with Phish, but most of all we loved to see Dead related projects.

I was in Hampton and imagined him dancing next to me durring that amazing He's Gone. I told my friend who was with me and he said "this song is a celebration, of everybody we have ever lost."

I liked that.

There is something vivid and tangible to feeling grateful and sad simultaneously. Actually this inherent to our human experience. The duality of Joy/Grief, we all know this too well. Perhaps it unites us--- even anonymously, this understanding is where wisdom is garnered, and realizing this allows us to... Smile, Smile, Smile.

Thanks for sharing.

"In the land of the night the ship of the sun is drawn by the grateful dead."
"and/or it will require a change that hasn't come before"
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#9748 3 years ago
I was in Hampton and imagined him dancing next to me durring that amazing He's Gone. I told my friend who was with me and he said "this song is a celebration, of everybody we have ever lost."

That's a cool way of explaining things. thanks, man....
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#9782 3 years ago
My mind rcaes when I hear this song. First off I was in Hampton too...I've heard most of the tour and I still call this show of tour..but hey its splitting hairs they were all good- back to the subject.. I always think of my dad. RIP.... get a lil teary then I think of Jerry and at this point I get happy and remember him singin this to me LOL so many times... then Brent pops up... and now in a very weird twist of fate .... my 40 yr old ex brother in law of 20 yrs passed in his sleep over the night of 4/1-4/2 ..got the call the morning after Hampton. Now I have another to think of when this song hits.. went to watch every Steeler game at the local bar with him for 20 yrs... "death don't have no mercy" RIP Brad... f me gettin teary eyed..
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds