• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

Parking Lot Busts @ X-Mas Jam

#97066 2 years, 9 months ago
Family, read on another board that there was some pretty heavy Police gulag presence at The X-Mas Jam and peeps were getting busted for EVERYTHING. I was not there and my good friend didn't make it, so I am wondering who was there and was this true? If so this may directly affect my decision to go to other shows there or X-Mas Jam 2012. I hope NOT and also hope and pray everyone made it safely there and safe travels home as many are going to be making their back home today.
THANKS!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, FurthurFlower67, 23atwell
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

Re: Parking Lot Busts @ X-Mas Jam

#97121 2 years, 9 months ago
I was there, I am not sure, I do know that The enforcers take no liking to some of our crowds ways, I was not around the place outside long enough to form an opinion,
As soon as I arrived in line Someone walked up said "You need a ticket" "YeaH" "Face value" "Okay" So Day being made, I went and laid low 'till showtime. I have no desire to wait in a line all day to be on the floor, Sqwoueeshed With no space to dance.

Always thought it funny how people with often times pay More for a floor ticket, Pay more to sqwished and not have a seat?

I am sure anyone who was a smart ass to the cops received a ticket.
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Little Bear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#97128 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks Little Bear! I knew you went and was hoping to get your take and am GLAD you had a real good time with no cops! I read a post on another site with several peeps complaining that cops were arresting for open intox AND MJ. these days we gotta be careful as the cities where we like to see our bands play all have some sort of budget "Crisis" so they LOVE to prey on our kind. See you New Years!
Little Bear
Gold Boarder

#97129 2 years, 9 months ago
"several peeps complaining that cops were arresting for open intox AND MJ" You Play with fire and you ain't quick, You get burned, Best time in the world to get sober!

I am In the clear 'till they find a way to arrest us for smileing, However, almost got kicked out of the Orange Peel TWICE at the friday night pre jam, For Dancing. They told me "This ain't that Kinda venue son"
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Little Bear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#97152 2 years, 9 months ago
Little Bear wrote:
" However, almost got kicked out of the Orange Peel TWICE at the friday night pre jam, For Dancing. They told me "This ain't that Kinda venue son"

NO DANCING ORDINANCE!!!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#97155 2 years, 9 months ago
Little Bear wrote:
However, almost got kicked out of the Orange Peel TWICE at the friday night pre jam, For Dancing. They told me "This ain't that Kinda venue son"

Please tell me you're kidding?! What kind of venue was it?? It would have been physically impossible for me not to be moving to those pre-jam sets!!
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#97160 2 years, 9 months ago
we saw Dickie Betts at a dinner theatre in Virginia once..no dancing...but we went to the very back and started dancing.. others started to follow suit...no one said anything to us...I would have left if they did.. I wasn't blocking anyone's view.
Chester
More or less in line

#97164 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
Little Bear wrote:
" However, almost got kicked out of the Orange Peel TWICE at the friday night pre jam, For Dancing. They told me "This ain't that Kinda venue son"

NO DANCING ORDINANCE!!!

Where's Kevin Bacon when you need him? Seriously, that's some backward attitude there.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#97195 2 years, 9 months ago
That same thing happened to me at Jackie Green at The Ark in Ann Arbor. I was told to "sit down" we dont do that here son..... I went to the back and did my thing, nobody was hurt, everyone could see, and I had a smile from ear to ear as Jackie KILLED it in that small folkie club. KEEP ON DANCING LITTLE BEAR!

SAVE THE DANCE!
Little Bear
Gold Boarder

#97271 2 years, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Little Bear wrote:
However, almost got kicked out of the Orange Peel TWICE at the friday night pre jam, For Dancing. They told me "This ain't that Kinda venue son"

Please tell me you're kidding?! What kind of venue was it?? It would have been physically impossible for me not to be moving to those pre-jam sets!!

Well the first time, they took me to the front door and gave me a strongly worded warning including the statement "Alot of people paid alot of money to be in here tonight" I should of realised being miracled negated my rights of equality

I was then warned again, "Hey I told you earlier, this ain't that kinda place, next time I am dragging you out!" I found that to be highly unlikely

I Kept on.

I had strategically picked a spot right between the garbage cans and the bathroom, There by insuring that I would not be in the flow of traffic, Then folks started sitting on the floor next to the wall texting on their phones directly across the hallway from me, And in doing so created a bottle neck, And everytime the security guard walked past (Just him, No-one else mind you) He would choose to steer 3 feet clear of them and 1 foot clear of 6'2 spiralling me

I had a wonderfull time getting warmed up there, Nice wood floors, Actual athletic style orange water coolers and cups for free water, Funny little over compensating bouncers, PHIL LESH.

It was such a suprise to everyone when he came on stage, I almost had more fun the first night.

Woohoo NYE
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds