• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GratefulDeadhead
Junior Boarder

My Favorite New Covers

#9633 3 years, 5 months ago
I Really like We Love You, and Any Road, Any Road is by far the best Cover Ive seen/heard them do (Of The Newly Introduced Covers) . I LOVE IT! sad it wasnt played this tour, and We Love You is a goodie too!
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by GratefulDeadhead.
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

Re: My Favorite New Covers

#9638 3 years, 5 months ago
nobody girl is good too
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#9644 3 years, 5 months ago
i really liked we love you to !
now, if i could convince them to do my stones medley........
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#9668 3 years, 5 months ago
Fools in the Rain was amazing
GOOD LOVE
Grateful fredhead
Junior Boarder

#9671 3 years, 5 months ago
Magnolia Mountain is the tops .
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#9673 3 years, 5 months ago
Diggin the Floyd covers too. Time seems to be a new member and Eclipse at RCMH was amazing!
Chester
More or less in line

#9778 3 years, 5 months ago
They're all good. I've gotta get out to some more shows!
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#9794 3 years, 5 months ago
Chester wrote:
They're all good. I've gotta get out to some more shows!

exactly, covers is such a bad word. I feel they are more individual interpation of someone else's art. I hate to use the word cover man.
Tom Banjo
Visitor

#10077 3 years, 5 months ago
Dude, I go to so many shows and I am wondering where everyone is? I personally would drive hours to go see dead cover bands, because they are all truly good, in own ways and each gives you a different experience.

WIGJAM - One of my favorites, out of NY/NJ area often plays @ Mexicali Live in NJ; These guys are truly awesome as I have followed them all over...seen them in large venues & restaurants where most of the patrons were there for the food (and didn't even know who were the Dead were) ...They usually play a pre-party for furthur, when they come to town - it's called Ship of Fools and it takes place on a the ROCKS OFF Ship which goes up to the GW Bridge and then down to the lady (Statue of LIberty) before returning you to port in time to catch a quick bite and get to Furthur. If you haven't done this yet, do it - it is awesome. If you have done it b4, see you next time!

Reflections - Out of NY/NJ plays Grateful Dead & Jerry Music but is often dedicated to only playing Jerry. They are truly awesome and they are playing Mexicali this weekend 4/9.

Splintered Sunlight -Around the Maryland/Pennsylvania areas, these guys are truly awesome and being asian myself, I have my heart with this band (The lead guitarist is Asian and often called the "Asian Jerry")

InDead Nation - I am not too sure about this band, but I am going to see them this weekend (and missing Reflections for it). They are playing in Maryland tonight 4/8.

Reckoning - Another dead cover band is very good, but also mixes in some other classic rock like Floyd and Neil Young.

Shakedown Street - Just another one that I know of, but never saw...They seem to have a big following and are widely known. I haven't seen them, but I sure would love to soon.

Dude, you almost never have to go without dead music. There is a cover band playing somewhere. I have my weekends booked til June with DSO and Cover bands. There is just too much time between Furthur shows, we gotta get our Dead fixes somewhere. I hope those above were of interest to you.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds