• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

Re: Goin' Down the Road Feeling Bad (real bad)

#96347 2 years, 4 months ago
Man mm, Im so sorry for your derailed adventure with your brother. I am glad you are safe and warm at home. All things happen for a reason and I'm sure when the initial bummer wears off karma will make it up to you. It could have been worse. Relax and listen to the stream tonight. Peace, Brother.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#96365 2 years, 4 months ago
hopefully its nothing more than a blown gasket,are the heads aluminum? thats when things get tricky it never overheated on the way back correct? what year is thetruck? do have the haynes manual for it?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#96398 2 years, 4 months ago
its actually a after market head and the block was shaved down when my buddys rebuilt it and there was a spacer or something like. I do have the manual but theres a lot of stuff not orioginal now. A good friend of the family is a mechanic and will see if its worth whatevers wrong.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#96464 2 years, 4 months ago
I'm sorry that happened. I was feeling your pain when reading that. You just can't prepare for stuff like that to happen. Good luck with your truck. Everything does happen for a reason
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#96535 2 years, 4 months ago
im guesiing its a blown head gasket or valve gasket etc,or you may have a cracked oil line if it was more serious the engine would have blown(valve,lifters,springs etc) if the truck has an oil coolerthat could be the source as well if these guys are asmessed upasyou say itspossible they forgot toreconnect something or and this is common they use gasket sealer instead of an actual gasket and gasket sealer ,very common shortcut,i suggest they do a simple comprsession test
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#219557 1 year, 4 months ago
well she's finally gone and out of the garage. Started it up for the first time in almost a year and took it on a few last runs up and down the street before scraping it for a lousy $300... it wasn't running to pretty.

took forever doing a title search on it... it felt good going for a last ride but felt pretty bad seeing it go. Lots of good memories and a few not so good with the truck... last good trip it went on was 2,610 miles around the north east for 9 shows on the Furthur fall 2011 tour - 87 toyota 4Runner

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg
Nothings gonna bring it back

the new truck is better but I put soooo much into this thing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, dr bakes, PMoondancer
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#219603 1 year, 4 months ago
sorry to hear about your troubles !
you should have put some slick 50 and some heavy gear lube into your oil maybe you could have slowed the leak or plugged it up.
back in '02 on my way to cleveland for the other ones show at the gund i burned my truck up when the freeze plug had a pin hole
i had to abandon the vehicle and hitch to the show and home
good luck with your truck ! car problems really suck on showdays !
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#219746 1 year, 4 months ago
Aw, I'm sorry for your loss!! You sure had some adventures with that one, it's sad to see them finally bite the dust after that long.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#219794 1 year, 4 months ago
wow, you live on a cul de sac. That's cool.
Time to create page: 0.80 seconds