• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: Sunshine or Donna?

#97042 2 years, 10 months ago
Can't get into Donna for the life of me. That half-Joplin impression yelp/screech has literally made me skip songs that were otherwise rocking out. Everyone has there own opinion I for one love Dylan but I can understand why people would get irritated by his voice in the same sense.
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#97075 2 years, 10 months ago
I remember reading an interview with someone somewhere that said Donna sometimes would sing off key or what not because the band was so damn loud she couldn't hear herself. With the application of modern in ear monitoring and pa systems its easy to hear what the hell is going on. Plus I be heard it said before that sometimes the guys would sing different lyric or key to fuck with her on certain nights and I bet being really high didn't help either. So with all that GO DONNA!
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Dire Wolf.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#97077 2 years, 10 months ago
lets face it, no one in the band is going to win a csny style vocal harmony contest which is why they brought in ss and jeff and they do their job great, but it pisses me off to hear Donna being trashed here by folks who never saw her and judge her largely by her scream in Playin. (((((Ear monitors)))))
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#97078 2 years, 10 months ago
Not all of us are trashing Donna. Some of us really like her....and her wail in playing can be the bomb!!
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds