• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Songs you DONT like hearing furthur play

#96291 2 years, 10 months ago
just hoping they get the hint to avoid them altogether
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: derek92
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#96297 2 years, 10 months ago
I'm over a lot of the Beatles, songs, but really enjoyed mean Mr. Mustard on a stream, and Dear Prudence at the STL show. No more Dylan? That will never happen. They both love him.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Drumpsychosis
Fresh Boarder

#96304 2 years, 10 months ago
I am glad to hear any song,,, However,,,, and please forgive me,,,,, when Bobby sings the pinnacle word in terrapin "Inspiration" it just seems to suck all the energy out of it..... Is it Sacreligious to say I would like John to sing the entirety of that song?

Peace, Love, Light, and Music!!!

Adam (NC)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, 23atwell
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#96327 2 years, 10 months ago
Any Time John sings a whole Jerry song it elevates the performance but this is Phil Lesh and Bob Weir's band and vision so we just sit back and give thanks for the music. I'm not a huge fan Two Djinn and wouldn't mind them dropping that for Monkey and The Engineer!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
Tiki Mon
Junior Boarder

#97573 2 years, 10 months ago
Nobody Girl
Magnolia Mountain
Time
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#97577 2 years, 10 months ago
One More Saturday Night as a closer, throw it somewhere else in the mix and I'm down, love the song but hate how its so predictable. Also i love Golden Road by GD but Furthur makes it sound like a straight cover for some reaon to me, hate to say it but I kinda get the same thing off their St. Stephens. I don't know if its the backup vocals but they come off sounding cheesy to me, which is sad because I really love those songs!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#97591 2 years, 10 months ago
iamthedoor wrote:
One More Saturday Night as a closer, throw it somewhere else in the mix and I'm down, love the song but hate how its so predictable.
Yep. I like the song well enough, but I too strongly dislike the rote action. I cringe when I see one of my possible shows is on a Saturday. "There's one automatic throwaway right off the bat." If I'm going to be stuck with it, I guess I'd prefer it as a show opener. Get it out of the way so we can move on with things.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
i_be_sublime
Expert Boarder
R.I.P.JERRY

#97632 2 years, 10 months ago
Have heard the first 3 and they were fantastic.Never had the pleasure of ripple but will still have to disagree in mho
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#97665 2 years, 10 months ago
wlewis wrote:
dr bakes wrote:
wave to the wind, samba in the rain

when did you see furthur play either of those tunes?

hahaha!! that makes me laugh!! let's hope we don't hear those 2 songs for sure!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#97680 2 years, 10 months ago
Surprised no one has mentioned the sleepy FLAS, Saints, and Buckets that should be rockin - Bobby is to blame for these.

Bob has essentially slowed those down many a time as well because they were too fast for him. Sucks. Bucket in Wilkes Barre was A-OK tho
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds