• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Songs you DONT like hearing furthur play

#96250 2 years, 10 months ago
No more Beatles.
I don't have to hear let it grow for a long time but it's alright, I seemed to get it every show it seems like.
Celebration
Colors if the rain
High on the mountain
Magnolia mountain
Mountains of the moon
No more do I
Operator
I may no look like a big phil fan but I am. I don't care who sang these songs I just don't feel it.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#96251 2 years, 10 months ago
wlewis wrote:
funky420 wrote:
3rd night RCMH this year ripple to close first set, not encore.

thanks! i knew there was another one!

Diana Krall sang it, it was awesome.
The voices tell me what to say
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#96255 2 years, 10 months ago
also im good with bob dylan covers. thats usually when i head for a bathroom break.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#96257 2 years, 10 months ago
ICantFindMyFace wrote:
also im good with bob dylan covers. thats usually when i head for a bathroom break.

Do you like any Dylan tunes like when Jerry did tangled up in blue or simple twist of fate
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by 23atwell.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#96266 2 years, 10 months ago
Other than wishing they would never go near a Dylan, Pink Floyd, or The Beatles tune ever again; I'm often disappointed in The Eleven and Playing in the Band. It's JK. His tones aren't right for Playing, and though The Eleven is a dainty bit of playing, it takes a fair level of aggression to come at that song. He doesn't seem to have it in him. It's one of my all-time favorite GD songs, so I'm always excited to hear it nonetheless. He just doesn't do it justice at all. They usually drop the ball on Dark Star as well, but that isn't anything new. It hasn't been played truly well since the 70s. It had already turned into a lesser mess in the 80s and 90s.

I still enjoy hearing all the songs I listed, but I also recognize they're a bit off and never quite there for me. It doesn't help that these are also some of my favorite tracks, so I really hope for the best from them.

Really, as long as I'm not hearing Dylan, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, or an 80's set, I'm cool with what they're doing. I'd like to hear Primal Dead all the time. Like the 60s, I could hear the same fifteen songs for an entire tour. I know they'd make each night unique and beautiful. What I consider to be filler is what gets in the way of that. A huge song repertoire means nothing to me.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#96268 2 years, 10 months ago
23atwell wrote:
No more Beatles.
I don't have to hear let it grow for a long time but it's alright, I seemed to get it every show it seems like.
Celebration
Colors if the rain
High on the mountain
Magnolia mountain
Mountains of the moon
No more do I
Operator
I may no look like a big phil fan but I am. I don't care who sang these songs I just don't feel it.

Wholly shit Atwell I think we may be related. This is MY list except I love the beatles tunes. That and I'd add Rosemary. Barely ever played but I've seen Furthur & Phil N Friends put me to sleep with it. Not a big fan of Hard Rain either. Really the only 2 I can't bare at all are Mountains of the Moon & Rosemary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#96275 2 years, 10 months ago
Not trying to talk you fellas into liking Mountains of the Moon (though I can't fathom your dislike), but check out 2010-07-11. That's 16+ minutes of stunning. The one in Chicago on 2011-11-18 was purdy darn nice, too.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#96281 2 years, 10 months ago
wave to the wind, samba in the rain
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#96283 2 years, 10 months ago
dr bakes wrote:
wave to the wind, samba in the rain

when did you see furthur play either of those tunes?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#96287 2 years, 10 months ago
never
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
The following user(s) said Thank You: derek92
Time to create page: 2.29 seconds