• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
happyhead
Fresh Boarder

Re: THERE MAY BE MORE SHOWS ANNOUNCED, maybe not.

#96181 2 years, 7 months ago
So do Allman Bros fans freak out and start whining when they do their yearly 16 night run at the Beacon? Probably not right?
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#96182 2 years, 7 months ago
rockinbob wrote:
I think my friend above me is very on point here. Father Time is now against Phil and Bob so the future may very well contain these type of runs but come summer we will know for sure as my friend said on another thread he also heard they may do something similar in Vegas as well. We can all speculate and while we are, I am going to be buying my tickets Monday during the pre sale as many shows as I can while I can. There are NO guarantees in this life that we will get ANY shows other than what is already announced but I sure hope so!

I see what your saying about Bob and Phil being old. But they certainly don't act old on stage, especially Phil, ironically cause he's the oldest one.
I know their getting up their in age, but they definitely seem to have a good amount of steam left in them. Phil acts like a giddy little boy on stage...anyone else notice that?
The following user(s) said Thank You: calliopewail
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#96185 2 years, 7 months ago
BB King is 86 and still plays over 200 shows a year.

Granted, he doesn't play for 3+ hours, and he sits most of the time, but still, he's on the road, and not exactly the most fit individual.

I don't look at Father Time as being equal in the treatment of people. Many people go well before their time, and others seem to hang on endlessly regardless of lifestyle.

Did anybody expect Ozzie to still be alive? Keith Richards? David Crosby?

Also some people like the road more than others, which will affect their touring decision more than their health.

By doing a residency they save on all those travel costs, gas, trucks, setup/teardown, etc...
Takin' it in stride!
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#96187 2 years, 7 months ago
I like the multi night runs, More than i like the Beacon as a venue. But their strict no smoking policy is nice.

Looking forward to it
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Little Bear.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#96195 2 years, 7 months ago
I've posted about this before but perhaps we should start a thread regarding the future of Furthur touring.

We could urge them to avoid the rigors of long tours with lots of grueling travel time by doing runs in specific geographic regions. I know they are thinking of such things.

But, but, but it would be nice for non north easterners to get a brief announcement about that likelihood.

I'm a New Yorker so I've got it made for catching shows. Although the lack od a Shakedown Street in N.Y.C. is a drawback.

By announcing that they plan shorter runs in key densely populated areas throughout USA &Canada with perhaps some satellite shows farther out that would help calm Heads who are no where near NYC and short on funds to make those gigs.

Just a thought.

God Bless All here!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#96213 2 years, 7 months ago
It doesn't matter what they do. Everybody is not going to be happy all the time. Let's face it, in a good way, it's never enough. We always want more. We always want them to do this and that. So I'm grateful as long as there playing cause there always going to hit somewhere close to home so I can go see them. In the mean time I will go see people like dso, jgb, and other cool gd related stuff and enjoy the time with the family. love you all.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: calliopewail
ICantFindMyFace
Senior Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design.

#96216 2 years, 7 months ago
2 shows in boston to open the tour. im pretty sure they have opened 3 tours in boston/greater boston area. i couldnt be happier. not to mention bobby acoustic. and im hoping PL&F announce a few more shows. its gonna be a good year.
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#96342 2 years, 7 months ago
Equinox wrote:
These long residencies might well be what future tours are going to mostly look like. But if it's healthier for Phil and Bobby and allows them to play longer, I'm all for it.

That is possible Equinox, but then again they just did a tour that had most of us racing around with little sleep. I'm half their age and it was hard on me. I would love it if the band would do longer stints in a place....as long as the place is fan friendly. I mean really, the only place I've seen cops harass fans more than NYC is in Atlanta back in the 90s. There was only 2 times in Grateful Dead history that I remember everyone wearing black....when Brent died and after the Atlanta shows in Spring of 95. Everyone was wearing black t-shirts that said, "Fuck Atlanta! This Town Ain't Got No Heart!". I would really hate to see a repeat of that because fans are harassed for days on end by NYPD.
bobbymcgee36
Fresh Boarder

#96399 2 years, 7 months ago
look out for the Q...
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#96410 2 years, 7 months ago
Listen to the Tom Thumbs blues from Madison........When Phil sang the part "I'm going back to New York city I do believe I've had enough" he sure sounds like he means it! I am convinced the days of long spread out tours are over for Phil
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds