• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jodiah
Expert Boarder

THERE MAY BE MORE SHOWS ANNOUNCED, maybe not.

#95974 2 years, 10 months ago
I know a lot of you guys are pissed about the announced Spring Tour dates, but how many times have you seen more shows added to a tour? Almost every tour Furthur has played! I am one of the people who is also NOT going to NYC. They play great shows there, but as a vendor (without vending can't afford it) NYC is the worst place to go because of the NYPD. They treat us like shit no matter what we're selling while you can get any counterfeit good you'd like in ChinaTown. If they were playing Nassau, or a place outside the city I'd go. In any case, I'm just going to sit tight and see if more dates are released. If not, I'll wait for Summer Tour and continue to boycott places where fans are treated like shit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob, stealmyface
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

Re: THERE MAY BE MORE SHOWS ANNOUNCED, maybe not.

#95983 2 years, 10 months ago
I thank you for your honest positive post my friend. I am NO FAN of NYC and I ALWAYS BUY in the lot to help my friends so thus very mixed emotions as I am going to do some if not all of these God Willing. The cops in NYC are about as bad as it can get with people like us sometimes but like you said, lets hope for some more announcements and man am I bummed as I was hoping for some warm weather srping shows like last year in Florida. That was AWESOME, and Shakedown ROCKED at both venues from what I could tell. I am patiently awaiting more but am buying for these shows. The sad part is that NYC will be hard to buy extras with all the expenses tied in. I mean even if you could vend, its $30 bucks to cross the bridge each way and $50 a day to park. So no win situation which is why I skipped MSG and that KILLER set list and show a few weeks ago as I knew we would be shaking down everywhere else and we did! Best of luck and hope to see you out there say maybe in Boston?
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: jodiah
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#95988 2 years, 10 months ago
Yeah, I was hoping for a Florida Run as well. But, there is plenty of time before the April run for them to add shows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#96007 2 years, 10 months ago
I hope they add some shows for the west coast.
Maybe another Furthur Fest in Angels Camp Calaveras County.
But I think Weir not welcome there anymore.
There has to be a ranch somewhere in northern California where Weir welcome to throw another festival.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by DancingTurtle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharicee, 23atwell, Tucson John
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#96013 2 years, 10 months ago
Nothing booked at the Tower from April 19 to April 27...........
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#96014 2 years, 10 months ago
TS as I noted in another thread if they want 5 nights like last year the Tower is open March 29 March 30 April 1 2 3...
there is a lil tradition of dead/furthur playin April Fools Day ... last years April Fools in Hampton was superb!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, calliopewail, Little Bear, rockinbob
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#96016 2 years, 10 months ago
Book it Dano.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#96080 2 years, 10 months ago
Ah, but don't forget Bobby's acoustic tour.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#96092 2 years, 10 months ago
I honestly believe that PA will see some dates in March. They just want initial reaction for the east coast and then maybe after the New Year, announce more dates.
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder

#96104 2 years, 10 months ago
I really hope they add dates, but highly doubt that happening. This type of long residency could be the future of furthur "tours". Im from NC and live in SC now so this tour is obviously not my favorite, but its their tour so they can plan it as they will. They could accomplish the same thing in small theaters all over the east coast, in 2010 they sold out dates all over the coast playing smaller venues. The idea that they sell more in the northeast is totally accurate, but small venues and theaters, like this tour, can be sold out easy. The poor sales of some summer and fall shows was due to the large size of the venues. Now not everywhere could sell 4 or more nights, but lots of places could sell a weekend run well, for example thomas wolfe or fox theater or tabernacle or maybe even hampton col considering the rest of the tour. seems a shame. and i want to know when have they added more than a date or two to a tour ever? cause people keeping saying it
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds