"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
paulr
Junior Boarder

Re: are you fucking serious?

#97716 2 years, 7 months ago
I remeber a long time ago.....
There was this band called The Grateful Dead.....
This band would come to NYC and play Madison Square Garden for 9-10 shows.
Everone danced and had a good time. There was no website to call the band greedy cocksuckers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf, kevin, rockinbob, patchmyfurthur, BillyDeLion, JAugustW
JAugustW
Junior Boarder

#97717 2 years, 7 months ago
philisgod wrote:
The Mohegan Show was ok.....but tears dude. LOL, ok. Must be a bobby lover!!!

I need to elaborate on my "... tears of joy..." comment. I've been listening to this music since Bobby and Phil first started playing it. And over those decades, there have been countless times when that music -- and only that music -- has been able to lift my spirits out of some black, despair-filled abyss. So because of that, yeah, I can get emotional about it.
As for the Mohegan show itself, I agree; overall, it wasn't consistently hot. But within it were some absolute gems. Just on the basis of how they did Casey Jones that night, I think there should be statues of this band in front of every concert venue in the world. That rendition was simply dazzling!
And, yes, I'm a Bobby lover. And Phil. And Furthur. Of Jerry, too, of course. And of everyone else who made, or makes, this music happen. It's transcendent, magical stuff!
Now excuse me... I have to cry some more tears of joy... just from thinking about it.
brownie710
Junior Boarder

#97719 2 years, 7 months ago
while I can empathize with the frustration of the original poster about lack of a localized spring tour (would have loved a few more widespread east coast venues) as many above have stated we are just lucky to have the opportunity. In years to come we'll talk about when Bobby or Phil used to play and the associated magic the way Jerry is spoken of now.
Of the places to play in NYC the Beacon is a fantasic old place and a really intimate feel. Plus the balcony will sway and float when everyone's dancing which is a pretty bizarre and wonderful feeling mid-show. I hope the OP goes to at least one show and has a blast all the same.
brownie
The following user(s) said Thank You: i_be_sublime
i_be_sublime
Expert Boarder
R.I.P.JERRY

#97901 2 years, 7 months ago
paulr wrote:
I remeber a long time ago.....
There was this band called The Grateful Dead.....
This band would come to NYC and play Madison Square Garden for 9-10 shows.
Everone danced and had a good time. There was no website to call the band greedy cocksuckers.
I remeber that band i followed them all over the country to!They would do it in the middle of a tour not as the tour.Whatever though.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#97932 2 years, 7 months ago
As for me, IMHO NYC shows are always the best of the best. Saw the Dead play the Beacon in 1976. The whole block was surrounded by NYC finest. There were four check points, just to get to stand online to get into the venue. From my point of view, shows are about going into a venue and hearing the musicians play music. The Beacon is a beautiful theater. They almost tore it down years ago, but then decided to refurbish it instead. Phil and Friends used to play there all the time. For those of you who don't want to come to NYC, no problem. Better chance for the rest of us to get tickets.
:0) I Luv NY!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#98031 2 years, 7 months ago
nycdave wrote:
As for me, IMHO NYC shows are always the best of the best. Saw the Dead play the Beacon in 1976. The whole block was surrounded by NYC finest. There were four check points, just to get to stand online to get into the venue. From my point of view, shows are about going into a venue and hearing the musicians play music. The Beacon is a beautiful theater. They almost tore it down years ago, but then decided to refurbish it instead. Phil and Friends used to play there all the time. For those of you who don't want to come to NYC, no problem. Better chance for the rest of us to get tickets.
:0) I Luv NY!
i remember those save the beacon buttons
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Pablo Picazoo
Fresh Boarder

#98080 2 years, 7 months ago
( walking down the street smoking a joint is NOT advised).

AMEN! (and don't learn the hard way folks!)
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#98086 2 years, 7 months ago
Re: ARe you fucking serious?

Nope. Never!

(Well....sometimes. But not often)
The following user(s) said Thank You: i_be_sublime
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#98088 2 years, 7 months ago
This thread is ducking hilarious!
An 8 night run sounds like a ton, but it gives us that many more chances to go.
Seeing these guys in such an intimate and historic place will be quite the experience.
Why limit the fans to just a few thousand when they can play all week?
We should be thanking the band, not harassing them.
They've given so much to our lives over the past 46 years!
I call that a miracle... give up the love!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, MWoods
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds