• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Phillyhead
Junior Boarder

Re: COMPLETE BS

#96419 2 years, 8 months ago
Kevin: there is no need to be an asshole, it was not meant for you to take offense over. I am grateful for everything Phil and Bob do and support them no matter what, so to say that shit, its out of line. I guess my point was, what is the point of calling it a tour. Its not really a tour its just a beacon run plus 3 other shows. I was just kind of confused as to why the would pick Wallingford as opposed to Philly. Either way I will go but when I hear that a tour is announced I would just figure that it would be an actual tour, that is all. Sorry to piss people off so much
The following user(s) said Thank You: rowjimmyrow
rowjimmyrow
Fresh Boarder

#96506 2 years, 8 months ago
Steve wrote:
Jeebus! The whiners on here need to mellow the F*ck out. More dates will be announced. If not, take a trip out east and catch a few Beacon shows.

stop whining about the whiners, whiner.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#96808 2 years, 8 months ago
Dude i totally agree. EIGHT nights in nyc , we could of had atleast ONE in philly or even AC atleast. AC in the spring is nice !! But NYC isnt too far and for me is an excuse to get into the big apple which i just dont dew enough these days. 8 shows im guessing I'll be able to see atleast 2 or 3?! But phillyhead, cmon , dont forget the tower theater last spring. We were miracled and blessed that FIVE show RUN !!! We could of had only 2 or 3 shows...they gave us F I V E !!!!!! I heard em play high upon the mountain for the first time...i LOVe bluegrass and as a fan the song is a classic. To hear them play it was just frikin awesome...and especially cause the excellent style they shifted the song into from very traditional bluegrass to a wonderful style of thier own. It definately hit the G spot for me . it was very magical.
so dont go forgettin last spring. i like the tower, but its a theater and i much rather be in an arena , colliseum, stadium, racetrack, or Hi Li or polo field. just sayin. 8 run at the beacon is pretty slammin. Whats up with people complaining about someone mad cause the band doesnt come to thier area. This means they love the band, its a good thing. Some of you are really over sensative and plain wierd. Im not from the south but sure am mad that they dont play there more. The south is majorly shafted. I always love an excuse to get down yonder to the Delta . I thought they would hit some spots in Al, Fl, NC, GA, LA...or not. Spring , Fall, and winter are the best for the south. Thats three seasons.....(9 months) out of a year to choose the south for a leg of the tour. Picking the south for summer tour when its just unbearable would be not wise, being that there are NINE months when its more than bearable and downright beautiful and lovely.

annie Boonaux from st angel, say the, weather down here....so fine
the people i know, but the people dont care, that a maaaan can b , as por as me
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by iraqistatefair.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#97050 2 years, 8 months ago
the Oakdale in Wallingford is a great venue, it's on the way to the Beacon, and they played 2 kick ass shows there already - CT always has a great crowd/vibe to!

maybe that's why they picked it.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, Dire Wolf
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#97052 2 years, 8 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
the Oakdale in Wallingford is a great venue, it's on the way to the Beacon, and they played 2 kick ass shows there already - CT always has a great crowd/vibe to!

maybe that's why they picked it.....

It ain't rocket science people!
Carl
Junior Boarder

#97099 2 years, 8 months ago
to anyone who has made a comment about the bands health and age...you have no clue what you are talking about and please dont try to pass on hear say like you are in the know. A 100 year old man did the NYC marathon this past year. This is not a post about the bands health at all as I have no clue as to what it is and how it affects tour decisons. This post is to tell all of you who claim to know anything at all about thier health to wise the fuck up. As someone else said in another thread, BB Kings old diabetic ass is still touring
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Carl.
Jimbojenkins
Junior Boarder

#97235 2 years, 8 months ago
Carl wrote:
to anyone who has made a comment about the bands health and age...you have no clue what you are talking about and please dont try to pass on hear say like you are in the know. A 100 year old man did the NYC marathon this past year. This is not a post about the bands health at all as I have no clue as to what it is and how it affects tour decisons. This post is to tell all of you who claim to know anything at all about thier health to wise the fuck up. As someone else said in another thread, BB Kings old diabetic ass is still touring

"It's 2011 and Phil is 71. , You didn't get a show in your city this go around and you're mad??? Go to NYC and quitcherbitchin'. Boston is 3-4 hours from me and NYC is six. I'm still happy to just be able to still see Phil and Bob play together. Plus, The Wang and Beacon are two historic and very small venues. Count your blessings."

Last I knew it was still 2011 and Phil was 71, so this really isn't hearsay. I am often tired after attending and dancing at shows. I can't imagine being 30-40 years older and playing the whole show and not sitting down except at set break. Then after the show you travel to another city to play a very different show and setlist. They aren't generic cookie cutter setllists like some artists either. Who cares if they announced a non traditional tour? Would you be happier if they didn't tour at all, so your expectations of a "real" tour aren't ruined?
Lady finger dipped in moonlight
Writing `what for?' across the morning sky
Sunlight splatters dawn with answers
Darkness shrugs and bids the day goodbye
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds