• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: COMPLETE BS

#95880 2 years, 9 months ago
splatter_face wrote:
I'll forgive them if they do an 8 night run at Alpine Valley this summer

as awesome as that would be, it'd be empty..it's huge!!. maybe if they made it a week long furthur festival...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#95908 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
splatter_face wrote:
I'll forgive them if they do an 8 night run at Alpine Valley this summer

as awesome as that would be, it'd be empty..it's huge!!. maybe if they made it a week long furthur festival...

I was being sarcastic....I would love to see them play there and I have a feeling there would be more people who would make the trek than you think. Alpine Valley is one of the premier outdoor music venues in the US
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Muddy Das
Junior Boarder

#95958 2 years, 9 months ago
seriously people they are in there 70's phil has had organ transplant just to keep him alive just be thankful they are still around and hopefully bob can remember what he is playing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#95961 2 years, 9 months ago
I remember August 1995, i thought I would never see another show again. Seriously, these guys are OLD, the fact they still play together is a BEAUTIFUL thing. Besides, NYC is pretty nice in April when spring starts to arrive, great time to visit.
WWWHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!
-- smell every flower --
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#95964 2 years, 9 months ago
Phillyhead wrote:
How are they doing a "tour" of only 3 cities?? Wallingford? Over Philadelphia?? Call me a baby call me a whiner i really dont care I support Furthur blindly and this is a slap in the face of all the ridiculous sold out Philadelphia area shows I have seen over the years. Philadelphia and New York (minus west coast) compete for the most dedicated fan bases of the grateful dead. I am really mad and so should everybody that is being completely ignored by this "tour" I apologize if I offend anyone from cities that are always ignored by tours, I now know how you feel

dude, I just noticed you"re from Philly, (2 hours from the Beacon Theatre), WTF are you crying about, you whiner baby? and yes they are IGNORING YOU, so to spite the band, STAY HOME
-- smell every flower --
Steve
Junior Boarder

#96096 2 years, 9 months ago
Jeebus! The whiners on here need to mellow the F*ck out. More dates will be announced. If not, take a trip out east and catch a few Beacon shows.
Thanks Charlie Miller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

#96097 2 years, 9 months ago
As they say...

Keep Calm....

and wait for 10 dates in Chicago this summer! hahahaha
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#96098 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
it's nothing we have not heard. they are trying to settle down a little without giving up their lives. multi night stands are easier than something like this last november tour. they play nyc because it brings out the best in the band, and phil fucking loves it. philly will get it's shows, don't forget you were treated 2nd best to nyc last spring (i won't lie i loved all 5 of those tower shows)..it's about taking it in stride, picking a few that you want to go to and enjoying what they're offering

I couldn't have said it better myself.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#96099 2 years, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
rowjimmyrow wrote:
thanks for nothing Furthur. signed, the Midwest

I feel your pain!! But we did just get them around here last month, and that was great. I'm hoping a decrease in their traveling now will give them that much more energy for a long Midwest run this summer!

I think this relatively modest spring means a big tour this summer.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Jimbojenkins
Junior Boarder

#96103 2 years, 9 months ago
Phillyhead wrote:
How are they doing a "tour" of only 3 cities?? Wallingford? Over Philadelphia?? Call me a baby call me a whiner i really dont care I support Furthur blindly and this is a slap in the face of all the ridiculous sold out Philadelphia area shows I have seen over the years. Philadelphia and New York (minus west coast) compete for the most dedicated fan bases of the grateful dead. I am really mad and so should everybody that is being completely ignored by this "tour" I apologize if I offend anyone from cities that are always ignored by tours, I now know how you feel

It's 2011 and Phil is 71. , You didn't get a show in your city this go around and you're mad??? Go to NYC and quitcherbitchin'. Boston is 3-4 hours from me and NYC is six. I'm still happy to just be able to still see Phil and Bob play together. Plus, The Wang and Beacon are two historic and very small venues. Count your blessings.
Lady finger dipped in moonlight
Writing `what for?' across the morning sky
Sunlight splatters dawn with answers
Darkness shrugs and bids the day goodbye
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds