• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Phillyhead
Junior Boarder

COMPLETE BS

#95767 2 years, 8 months ago
How are they doing a "tour" of only 3 cities?? Wallingford? Over Philadelphia?? Call me a baby call me a whiner i really dont care I support Furthur blindly and this is a slap in the face of all the ridiculous sold out Philadelphia area shows I have seen over the years. Philadelphia and New York (minus west coast) compete for the most dedicated fan bases of the grateful dead. I am really mad and so should everybody that is being completely ignored by this "tour" I apologize if I offend anyone from cities that are always ignored by tours, I now know how you feel
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: COMPLETE BS

#95778 2 years, 8 months ago
it's nothing we have not heard. they are trying to settle down a little without giving up their lives. multi night stands are easier than something like this last november tour. they play nyc because it brings out the best in the band, and phil fucking loves it. philly will get it's shows, don't forget you were treated 2nd best to nyc last spring (i won't lie i loved all 5 of those tower shows)..it's about taking it in stride, picking a few that you want to go to and enjoying what they're offering
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#95780 2 years, 8 months ago
1. Do you know if these are ALL THE shows, or just the first set of "announced" shows. I think 4 months advance notice is pretty good, considering the band's history of giving us short notice. If these are just the start- yes you be whining boy.
2. Bob is suppossedly not doing well health wise. You are going to whine and bitch because they are playing, but will stay in one place.

Sorry, but getting mad today in light of the above does in fact make you a bitch. Ease up, relax. Let all the info in. I'm from Socal and we get maybe 4 shows a year. Not bad, but not east coast crazy number, either. Hop on a plane, hichhike.... hit NYC. And praise Allah that there's shows in our future.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#95783 2 years, 8 months ago
The Bobby health rumors are BS. On Tales, Lemieux said Bob was taking time off to work on the acoustic arrangements for his solo shows. Reportedly, his health is stellar!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox, SunshineSue
rowjimmyrow
Fresh Boarder

#95831 2 years, 8 months ago
thanks for nothing Furthur. signed, the Midwest
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#95832 2 years, 8 months ago
rowjimmyrow wrote:

I feel your pain!! But we did just get them around here last month, and that was great. I'm hoping a decrease in their traveling now will give them that much more energy for a long Midwest run this summer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rowjimmyrow, rockinbob
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#95836 2 years, 8 months ago
With 2 Dates in BEAUTIFUL ANN ARBOR MICHIGAN! COME TO MICHIGAN FURTHUR!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
rowjimmyrow
Fresh Boarder

#95845 2 years, 8 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
rowjimmyrow wrote:

I feel your pain!! But we did just get them around here last month, and that was great. I'm hoping a decrease in their traveling now will give them that much more energy for a long Midwest run this summer!

true, and i for one wouldn't want to travel the midwest during tornado season i guess i'm just jealous
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#95852 2 years, 8 months ago
rowjimmyrow wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
rowjimmyrow wrote:

true, and i for one wouldn't want to travel the midwest during tornado season i guess i'm just jealous

It would not surprise me if they do something like that. It might be that they do a good handful a of shows in different geographical ares with minimal travel time to give them rest. that way the long grueling tours don't kill them and sooner or later they get to, or close to your area, with multiple shows.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#95861 2 years, 8 months ago
I'll forgive them if they do an 8 night run at Alpine Valley this summer
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, patchmyfurthur
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds