• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: C'Mon Jeff! The Jeff Chimenti Band!

#205058 2 years ago
I wonder why Phil doesn't get Steve Molitz into some of his line ups?
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
EyeBallKid
Junior Boarder

#205071 2 years ago
This may sound like blasphemy but at every furthur show that i have been at I have walked away saying that Jeff made the show. He always has some solo or does something that just elevates everything for me. Ive had many discussions with my girl friend on this topic and have no clue what direction he would take things if he was in control but we always agree it would be righteous. Does anyone know of any non dead or claypool related bands that he has been in/ played with?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#205082 2 years ago
it's not blasphemy eyeballkid. many times he is the MVP of the show. he has an incredible ear, he's wonderful listener. it's what helps his sound sound so amazing. he knows how to work it with the rest of the band. him and john have developed quite a chemistry trading lead licks on many tunes during the improvisational sections.

i feel his own group if not dead related, would be focused on jazz and/or ragtime style, both strengths of his. he loves the dissonant stuff.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#205302 2 years ago
Jeff is the MVP of the band! I have been saying this for quite some time! He has saved the show sooo many times!!! Countless of times things aren't going where they should and Jeff takes control and helps the band in the right direction! I just love watching him play and I can never ever get enough!

MORE JEFF CHIMENTI!!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, Strider1
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#205321 2 years ago
Shakeit wrote:
I would love to see Jeff Chimenti do something solo/with his own band sort of thing. Come on Jeff you totally got it in you to be the leader of a band, get some guys together and do your own thing!

Ive been saying this since 08' on .Org....
If Chimenti had his own band, I'd follow his tour....
& no matter what Furthur's paying him

=IT AIN'T ENOUGH!!!
(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#205326 2 years ago
Please don't get me wrong ... I think Jeff is the best keyboardist since Brent hands down. However I feel like at times he goes in really weird directions that to me feels like is straying from everyone else like he is doing his own separate thing that doesn't jive with the rest of the sounds. Like he is trying too hard or forcing things too much. Or maybe everyone else is off base and he is the one pulling it back together ... i don't know.

It's hard to pick an MVP. The band wouldn't exist without Bob and Phil. I think they hit a whole new level with JK. And Russo picked up the slack in a huge way when Jay Lane left. They don't need 2 drummers with him playing.

Don't crucify me these are just my observations.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#205335 2 years ago
[quote="Denver Man" post=205326]Please don't get me wrong ... I think Jeff is the best keyboardist since Brent hands down. However I feel like at times he goes in really weird directions that to me feels like is straying from everyone else like he is doing his own separate thing that doesn't jive with the rest of the sounds. Like he is trying too hard or forcing things too much. Or maybe everyone else is off base and he is the one pulling it back together ... i don't know.quote]

dissonance

it's the tension you feel. the clash of musical intervals and chords. it almost sounds wrong, but it's so right. these are used to express things like grief and pain. think victim or the crime, lots of dissonance there. it's what helps make the consanance (garcia, kadlecik) sound that much better when it drives in.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years ago by wlewis.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#205351 2 years ago
[quote="wlewis" post=205335]Denver Man wrote:
Please don't get me wrong ... I think Jeff is the best keyboardist since Brent hands down. However I feel like at times he goes in really weird directions that to me feels like is straying from everyone else like he is doing his own separate thing that doesn't jive with the rest of the sounds. Like he is trying too hard or forcing things too much. Or maybe everyone else is off base and he is the one pulling it back together ... i don't know.quote]

dissonance

it's the tension you feel. the clash of musical intervals and chords. it almost sounds wrong, but it's so right. these are used to express things like grief and pain. think victim or the crime, lots of dissonance there. it's what helps make the consanance (garcia, kadlecik) sound that much better when it drives in.

Interesting point! And again I'm not dissing Jeff it's just something i have noticed at times during the more intense jams and transitions to another songs.
jonnykay
Fresh Boarder

#205353 2 years ago
I think he's good, but not good enough to have a band of his own. He lacks the experience.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#205355 2 years ago
eeewwwwww wheres captain tony ????
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds