• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

New York City Accomodations - Spring Tour

#95657 2 years, 7 months ago
New York City is a wonderful place, but it sure is expensive! anyone interested in sharing hotel space? i figure if we can get a few good forum members together to split room costs then we can all go to more shows.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: New York City Accomodations - Spring Tour

#95662 2 years, 7 months ago
Yeah. I think we'll have to do something like that. If I decide to do any shows in NYC, count me in.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#95663 2 years, 7 months ago
sounds good count myself and a buddy in if it goes down like that, pm sometime before then if youre interested
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#95664 2 years, 7 months ago
I may be in for that my friend but was originally planning on doing The Golden Arrow with Alex and still am if he is going to still come out for 11 shows with 8 at The Beacon. When I know for sure, I will let you know and THANKS for the thread!
Lets keep in touch as The Beacon is actually a killer venue in a nice part of NYC. I saw The Allman's there last March and It was a nice time. Its not far from central park either and the Dakota where Lennon lived so its not all bad, just no good Shakedowns..
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#95665 2 years, 7 months ago
If you really want to save, there are hotels in Long Island that you can get for about 1/4 of the price of a NYC hotel. I'm sure the same is true in NJ and other nearby places. A bit less convenient, but something you MAY want to consider.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#95666 2 years, 7 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
If you really want to save, there are hotels in Long Island that you can get for about 1/4 of the price of a NYC hotel. I'm sure the same is true in NJ and other nearby places. A bit less convenient, but something you MAY want to consider.

but do travel costs to and from the city every night add up to more than the money to just stay in the city with the party? I know NY is notorious for huge tolls and expensive public transportation! someone wanna do the math?
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#95668 2 years, 7 months ago
rockinbob wrote:
I may be in for that my friend but was originally planning on doing The Golden Arrow with Alex and still am if he is going to still come out for 11 shows with 8 at The Beacon. When I know for sure, I will let you know and THANKS for the thread!
Lets keep in touch as The Beacon is actually a killer venue in a nice part of NYC. I saw The Allman's there last March and It was a nice time. Its not far from central park either and the Dakota where Lennon lived so its not all bad, just no good Shakedowns..

I just saw hot fucking wailing tuna is playing at the Beacon tonight. Jack and Jorma are killer.....damn, no shot for me tonight, but tickets are relatively cheap for anyone interested. Should be a great show.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf, rockinbob
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#95669 2 years, 7 months ago
fuck it...sometimes i get so wrapped up in furthur i can't cheap track of everything else...i wish you had kept me an ignorant fool though
Chester
More or less in line

#95670 2 years, 7 months ago
rockinbob wrote:

Wow. The Golden Arrow is coming east? Can't imagine driving that in the city. He'd probably park it someplace,
and take the train in, I imagine. Public transportation is the way to go.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#95671 2 years, 7 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:

but do travel costs to and from the city every night add up to more than the money to just stay in the city with the party? I know NY is notorious for huge tolls and expensive public transportation! someone wanna do the math?

If anyone has a car, or if you are near mass transit it may make sense. NYC hotels that are not holes can easily cost $200+ a night, On Long Island you can get a cheaper place (red roof, etc) for about $60. Plus NYC taxes are at a crazy high rate (more than 10% I think). I believe it's less on LI.

NYC is more fun, and with a bunch of people it may be worth it to kick in $60 or so a night. But it's something to consider.

I drive from LI to NYC almost every day. I'm pretty far out and it's only 45 mile each way for me. And you can do it without paying any tolls if you choose. From NJ --> NYC you will pay at least one toll one way.

Time to create page: 0.70 seconds