• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: What shows will you be attending?

#97314 2 years, 9 months ago
am i the only person who still envisions the beacon being baked the fuck out for this furthur run??
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#97316 2 years, 9 months ago
if i'm lucky i'll hit the 12th-15th thursday through sunday at the Beacon..one of my best friends goes to Columbia so i can crash on her floor which is nice...i know there are people hating on the love NYC gets but i am pretty stoked about this..the Beacon is gorgeous and i feel like during residencies Furthur always changes up their set lists a ton with the pairings and placement..hopefully i can snag a friday and saturday ticket this week and then figure out thursday and sunday in the future once i have some more funds
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#97318 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
you got it chester. if i really want i can take a train right down there too. will probably find some other folks who want to split gas, i know a boatload of folks in brooklyn i can always stay with and ride the train down. after jumping off the full touring schedule these are the new sacrifices i have to make to catch as many as i can without it interfering in my professional life.

i did both west coast tours this band has done, both with some logisitcal nightmare scheduling/drives. this is good heheh.

it works out nicely too because to be honest i always prefer the sun-thurs shows as to to the fri and sat. fri/sat always get hyped up but most of the time it's predictable setlist material, catering to the weekend warriors. i'd rather catch that dupree's mission in the rain operator and built to last all in the same 1st set on a sunday night

Very good point Sir!
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#97342 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
am i the only person who still envisions the beacon being baked the fuck out for this furthur run??

I've never been, but if it's anything like Radio City/Best Buy I see it being baked out WITH a ton of people getting kicked out ---- although RCMH was the strictist on that when they were tending to give people warnings at Best Buy so hopefully its more like the later, if not hassle free....
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#97345 2 years, 9 months ago
I hope Frontgate has some choice seats on the floor for sale today. I will buy Wang and Oakdale first and then try for the first 2 nights of the Beacon.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#97349 2 years, 9 months ago
good luck!

last year I went for Oakdale first and got front row, probably cause everyone was shooting for Boston/NYC first
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#97350 2 years, 9 months ago
Oakdale is my birthday, maybe I should try for that first
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#97499 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
.....i did both west coast tours this band has done, both with some logisitcal nightmare scheduling/drives. this is good heheh....

Yeah he did! After the last -post west tour- drive, he went an additional 30minutes out of his way (At 2 am) to deliver me to the Buffalo bus station

When we got there he Jumped out threw my bag at me, And the last image of him in my mind from that Tour was of him scurying backwards towards the driverside car door with the look of a hunted animal in his eyes!

There is a a reason his Car has two sunroofs!
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
SamL67
Junior Boarder

#97510 2 years, 9 months ago

Please do not come to the Beacon expecting the "old Beacon". I live in NYC, and except for MSG, all venues now enforce no smoking rules--if you must--be creative--and you will be able to do what you want--but it will take a keen eye. In the Beacon, the orchestra is the best place to be, but not on the aisles. At best, you will get a warning and a ripped ticket. At worse, you will be tossed. And DO NOT smoke or drink outside of the venue in close proximity.

I live about a mile from the Beacon, so if anyone needs any advise about bars, restaurants, getting around, etc, you can e.mail at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Sam L.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#97542 2 years, 9 months ago
SamL67 wrote:

Please do not come to the Beacon expecting the "old Beacon". I live in NYC, and except for MSG, all venues now enforce no smoking rules--if you must--be creative--and you will be able to do what you want--but it will take a keen eye. In the Beacon, the orchestra is the best place to be, but not on the aisles. At best, you will get a warning and a ripped ticket. At worse, you will be tossed. And DO NOT smoke or drink outside of the venue in close proximity.

I live about a mile from the Beacon, so if anyone needs any advise about bars, restaurants, getting around, etc, you can e.mail at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Sam L.

How about a floor to sleep on for a poor graduate student!?
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds