• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1739

Re: What shows will you be attending?

#95941 2 years, 9 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
none. I was promised that after NYE, no more FURTHUR until we get to take a different kind of vacation like to an island or to Europe. Unless someone hits the freaking lottery or gets a 6 figure job so I no longer have to work and can take off and do whatever whenever. I need one lot rat/dirty hippy free vacation!!! I have earned it and I WILL HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well I guess that settles it.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1739

Re: What shows will you be attending?

#95942 2 years, 9 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
none. I was promised that after NYE, no more FURTHUR until we get to take a different kind of vacation like to an island or to Europe. Unless someone hits the freaking lottery or gets a 6 figure job so I no longer have to work and can take off and do whatever whenever. I need one lot rat/dirty hippy free vacation!!! I have earned it and I WILL HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


By lot rat/dirty hippy free vacation, does that mean your not going with WITS? LOL


Hey I haven't resembled that since 1987. I'm an upstanding citizen now
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Posts:1406
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

Re: What shows will you be attending?

#95962 2 years, 9 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
Tmglf2 wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
none. I was promised that after NYE, no more FURTHUR until we get to take a different kind of vacation like to an island or to Europe. Unless someone hits the freaking lottery or gets a 6 figure job so I no longer have to work and can take off and do whatever whenever. I need one lot rat/dirty hippy free vacation!!! I have earned it and I WILL HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


By lot rat/dirty hippy free vacation, does that mean your not going with WITS? LOL


Hey I haven't resembled that since 1987. I'm an upstanding citizen now


Your just just not trying hard enough.
MindLeftBodyJam
Junior Boarder
Posts:72

Re: What shows will you be attending?

#96090 2 years, 9 months ago
what's the low down on Wallington? i'm herring good things
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3370

Re: What shows will you be attending?

#96091 2 years, 9 months ago
I will be attending some of the 10 Chicago shows this summer.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6472

Re: What shows will you be attending?

#97302 2 years, 9 months ago
MindLeftBodyJam wrote:
what's the low down on Wallington? i'm herring good things


wallingford is a great venue. saw last year's show there. i would highly recommend going to that show. unfortunately it looks like i won't make that one this year.


since i have to keep weekends clear for band stuff, i'll be attending

thurs 4/5 boston
mon 4/9 beacon
tues 4/10 beacon
sun 4/15 beacon
tues 4/17 beacon
wed 4/17 beacon
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Chester
Moderator
Posts:33321
More or less in line

Re: What shows will you be attending?

#97305 2 years, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:

since i have to keep weekends clear for band stuff, i'll be attending

thurs 4/5 boston
mon 4/9 beacon
tues 4/10 beacon
sun 4/15 beacon
tues 4/17 beacon
wed 4/17 beacon


So, your driving to Boston, going home, driving to NYC, going home, and driving back to NYC, and home again,
in the span of two weeks? Wow. That's really impressive. Reminds me of my 89 summer tour.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder
Posts:8141

Re: What shows will you be attending?

#97310 2 years, 9 months ago
wallingford has also been a smoke fest the past 2 times they played there

everyones talking about how strict they are at the Beacon, and just from the picture the Wang kinda looks like one of those real nice places where there also strict on smoking, so as far as that goes Wallingford will be one of, if not the only place that you more then likely wont get hassled for lighting up at.

and its 20 minutes from home!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
wlewis
Platinum Boarder
Posts:6472

Re: What shows will you be attending?

#97311 2 years, 9 months ago
you got it chester. if i really want i can take a train right down there too. will probably find some other folks who want to split gas, i know a boatload of folks in brooklyn i can always stay with and ride the train down. after jumping off the full touring schedule these are the new sacrifices i have to make to catch as many as i can without it interfering in my professional life.

i did both west coast tours this band has done, both with some logisitcal nightmare scheduling/drives. this is good heheh.

it works out nicely too because to be honest i always prefer the sun-thurs shows as to to the fri and sat. fri/sat always get hyped up but most of the time it's predictable setlist material, catering to the weekend warriors. i'd rather catch that dupree's mission in the rain operator and built to last all in the same 1st set on a sunday night
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Little Bear
Chester
Moderator
Posts:33321
More or less in line

Re: What shows will you be attending?

#97313 2 years, 9 months ago
I have to agree. The weekday shows always were more interesting. Less crowded, and easier to get tickets for.
And I know what it's like to have a job, or other commitments, and have to fit all the shows you want to see,
into a crazy schedule. My 89 tour was like, Boston, back home, Buffalo, back home, work, Giants stadium, back
home to work, down to RFK , and back in the middle of the night, got home 45 minutes before work. I always
made it happen somehow.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, scar1et_f1re
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds