• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
Posts:1017
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

Re: Used DVD.........

#96205 2 years, 7 months ago
captaintony wrote:
You know, I've heard all the arguments about not burning copies and so on, but who really cares now? It's so readily available now on the internet, to each his own. there is always someone commenting on how you shouldn't burn this because it's dipping into the artists profits, but dammit, I've dipped in to my pocket enough and I don't think it's morally or ethically wrong. I still buy commercial cds, but the very reason most of these cds are bootlegged is because the price is too high.
It's a matter of respect since we're in their back yard here (you know, them paying for the forum and all). Don't be so brazen and cloddish TO DO IT HERE and basically rub their noses in such activity. That's the brunt of what I was saying.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
captaintony
Platinum Boarder
Posts:3691

Re: Used DVD.........

#96236 2 years, 7 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
captaintony wrote:
You know, I've heard all the arguments about not burning copies and so on, but who really cares now? It's so readily available now on the internet, to each his own. there is always someone commenting on how you shouldn't burn this because it's dipping into the artists profits, but dammit, I've dipped in to my pocket enough and I don't think it's morally or ethically wrong. I still buy commercial cds, but the very reason most of these cds are bootlegged is because the price is too high.
It's a matter of respect since we're in their back yard here (you know, them paying for the forum and all). Don't be so brazen and cloddish TO DO IT HERE and basically rub their noses in such activity. That's the brunt of what I was saying.


I know exactly what you're saying. I was just chiming in with my 2 cents.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder
Posts:8137

Re: Used DVD.........

#109273 2 years, 6 months ago
I got this for christmas and just finished the show, not the bonus material yet and it was really good. to bad no video exists for the Bid You Goodnight at the end.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
Posts:4776
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Used DVD.........

#109274 2 years, 6 months ago
I was wondering why they didn't have the video to we bid you goodnight? Bonus is great. I can watch bonus footage all day. Watching that nfa is my favorite. DVD is awesome. Just wish Donna was in it.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder
Posts:8137

Re: Used DVD.........

#109279 2 years, 6 months ago
I just figured the reason was because footage dosn't exist, I don't know for sure

smoking version of Johnny B. Goode at the end
mok
Junior Boarder
Posts:255

Re: Used DVD.........

#109309 2 years, 6 months ago
captaintony wrote:
ZenoMarx wrote:
captaintony wrote:
You know, I've heard all the arguments about not burning copies and so on, but who really cares now? It's so readily available now on the internet, to each his own. there is always someone commenting on how you shouldn't burn this because it's dipping into the artists profits, but dammit, I've dipped in to my pocket enough and I don't think it's morally or ethically wrong. I still buy commercial cds, but the very reason most of these cds are bootlegged is because the price is too high.
It's a matter of respect since we're in their back yard here (you know, them paying for the forum and all). Don't be so brazen and cloddish TO DO IT HERE and basically rub their noses in such activity. That's the brunt of what I was saying.


I know exactly what you're saying. I was just chiming in with my 2 cents.



I just don't understand this, and I know a lot (maybe most) people feel this way, but how is ok to say the price is too high so you'll just steal it? How do you decide how much money to spend before everything else is free for you, and does everyone get to set their own cutoff point? It seems to me that this is more an issue of most people being willing to steal something if the risk of getting caught is low (hitting go on a torrent is a lot easier than shoving a cd down your pants and walking out of a store but its the same thing), and being able to justify this to themselves. I'm not trying to single anyone here out as I think this attitude is more or less true of the entire world but I just can't see any moral basis for it.
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder
Posts:347

Re: Used DVD.........

#109325 2 years, 6 months ago
23atwell wrote:
I was wondering why they didn't have the video to we bid you goodnight? Bonus is great. I can watch bonus footage all day. Watching that nfa is my favorite. DVD is awesome. Just wish Donna was in it.

I think We Bid You Goodnight was on the VHS that I had..
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder
Posts:8137

Re: Used DVD.........

#109331 2 years, 6 months ago
the music in on the dvd but no video footage, they flip through some pictures, and of course its always great to leave us whatever they have no matter how incomplete it is...
GratefulDad420
Senior Boarder
Posts:347

Re: Used DVD.........

#109373 2 years, 6 months ago
Okay, maybe that is how it was on the VHS. I just thought I remembered the song on there. I've lost it in my moves, somewhere along the way, unfortunately.

BTW, I often still download a copy of a video or music to my hard drive from the internet, even when i own it, that way I can keep my hard copies in nicer shape. I don't know if people consider that wrong, but with the way things are collectible nowadays, and often there are limited amounts available, I prefer to keep my hard copies in mint condition. It's also great for when I want to travel with my files, but don't want to carry the actual DVD/CD from my home.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by GratefulDad420.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds