• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: Used DVD.........

#95532 2 years, 10 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
I'm going to the post office tomorrow morning and will get it out to you. Merry Christmas

Thank you guys so much! My wife is excited to watch it too cause she thinks it's the nfa she's ever heard. Gd karma strikes again! I knew giving a homeless guy wearing a gd shirt five dollars yesterday would come back around. See you guys at the W
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#95567 2 years, 10 months ago
volare wrote:
far be it from me to suggest you do anything unethical or immoral, but, just for informations sake, it is available on Pirate Bay.
C'mon. Think before you act. Do you realize where you are? Don't be so haphazardly disrespectful. I'm no militant anti-bootlegger (including the sharing of official product) like a lot of folk are, but I do acknowledge the place a modicum of couth holds. Show some.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#95611 2 years, 10 months ago
23atwell wrote:
gr8fuljen wrote:
I'm going to the post office tomorrow morning and will get it out to you. Merry Christmas

Thank you guys so much! My wife is excited to watch it too cause she thinks it's the nfa she's ever heard. Gd karma strikes again! I knew giving a homeless guy wearing a gd shirt five dollars yesterday would come back around. See you guys at the W

Its an awesome DVD.. you guys are gonna love it.
volare
Senior Boarder

#95646 2 years, 10 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
volare wrote:
far be it from me to suggest you do anything unethical or immoral, but, just for informations sake, it is available on Pirate Bay.
C'mon. Think before you act. Do you realize where you are? Don't be so haphazardly disrespectful. I'm no militant anti-bootlegger (including the sharing of official product) like a lot of folk are, but I do acknowledge the place a modicum of couth holds. Show some.

i am just a provider of information, you make you own choices.....by the way, it is also still available to DL on archive.org.

Winterland NYE 1978

and, out of curiosity, why did you bitch at me and not the folks who were suggesting/offering to burn a copy?
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by volare.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#95682 2 years, 10 months ago
Thank you Volare. At one time I owned the DVD but I loaned it to a friend years ago and we all know how that often ends. After seeing this thread I was going to try to get it back, but I will take the ez way and get it again from archives. Just for one personal use btw, so if anyone is uptight, I am sorry, but yesh..... I ain't selling the darn thing. BTW they play the show on PBS about once a year. I suppose some people prefer that we copy the show from tv via a dvr? That is totally legal. Or watch it on youtube, or is that now taboo also?
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell, volare
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#95715 2 years, 10 months ago
volare wrote:
and, out of curiosity, why did you bitch at me and not the folks who were suggesting/offering to burn a copy?
It's not cool to publicly post a link to an official product that is essentially being bootlegged/shared. This site is paid for by GD members. They've been generous enough, and understanding enough, to allow us to share all the other sources of this music, including those that are clearly different, though covering the same material, with the understanding that we won't dip into the sharing of the official products. That's why you can openly see the free, and legal, trading/sharing of five audio sources from 78-12-31. There's no conflict of interest insofar as the rules they've put before us. Those sources are different than the official product, so they're okay to share. (that's my understanding of it anyway, and I believe many other people read it similarly, too)
db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=1143

Like I said, I'm not militant about this stuff. The GD really aren't, either. To answer your question more directly, I don't really think it is a great idea to publicly offer to burn copies for people. That too seems a bit thoughtless considering where we're posting. I didn't say anything to those folk because there has always been a general understanding that making cassette dubs of albums and video copies on a one-to-one basis is okay to do. I still think those offers should be done privately, but since they weren't, we have to fall back on the general allowance of it happening. Linking to torrents is a different phenomenon and not so readily sanctioned.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#96174 2 years, 10 months ago
your package just went postal brother.. I hope you like it
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#96179 2 years, 10 months ago
Thank you so much. My weeks going to be full of excitement now. Can't wait!!!!!!!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#96189 2 years, 10 months ago
You know, I've heard all the arguments about not burning copies and so on, but who really cares now? It's so readily available now on the internet, to each his own. there is always someone commenting on how you shouldn't burn this because it's dipping into the artists profits, but dammit, I've dipped in to my pocket enough and I don't think it's morally or ethically wrong. I still buy commercial cds, but the very reason most of these cds are bootlegged is because the price is too high.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell, volare
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#96204 2 years, 10 months ago
23atwell wrote:
Thank you so much. My weeks going to be full of excitement now. Can't wait!!!!!!!

It is our pleasure... I think you will be pleased
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds